DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION is another variation of the BSOD error. If you are facing this error on your computer, then you are not alone; there are thousands of users who have reported facing this error in their computer. The 0x00000133 error has an unusual pattern of showing up on the computer. Some errors will give out some sort of signs before popping up on display. This one has irregularity when it comes to that; it will show up at any time. In this article, you are going to get all the information regarding this error and what approach you should take to fix it.
BSOD error can ruin your experience of the computer, especially if you are using it for the first time. Blue screen of death, appropriately titled, has everything in them to drive the user crazy. While all BSOD errors share the same background, error codes in the blue screen make the matter worse. That means some blue screen you can just fix it by following a simple procedure, but if the error code is different, then you have to go through a lengthy process to get the system fixed. The error code we are dealing with here is 0x00000133, a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error.
Luckily, you don’t have to get scared here. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION is a common error and can be fixed following a simple procedure. This is one of the BSOD errors that may hit the computer hard, but it will be very persistent on the behavior. Before we jump to the solutions, first, we have to understand all the elements of the error code. So you would have a better idea of what to do if the error 0x00000133 makes a comeback to the computer.
PS: What if you stuck with 0x80070422 error code in Windows Update or Windows Update Error 0x800705b4, as well as the ‘the volume does not contain a recognized file system‘, here are the best solutions for you.
0x00000133 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Error
While the cause behind this error is plenty but most of the time, it happens on a computer due to the unsupported SSD firmware, old SSD driver version, and hardware incompatibility. And sometimes it happens because your system files are corrupted. If you are facing these errors on your computer, there is a way to go back to the older version of the version, where you didn’t have to deal with the BSOD error.
Top Methods to Fix 0x00000133 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Error on Windows 10
Method 1: Changing the SATA AHICI driver
Changing the Family SATA AHCI driver to the standard SATA AHCI controller to fix the 0x00000133 error code. Follow the steps below to change your SATA driver.
- Press the Windows key + R to open Run on your computer. In the search box, type in ‘devmgmt.msc‘.
- This will open up the device manager box. Here you will see plenty of hardware being listed from top to bottom. Just expand the IDE ATA/ATAPI controller. Right-click on SATA AHCI Controller and hit ‘Update Driver.’
- When you click the updated driver, a window will open, asking you to choose the download search for the driver. You can either choose to browse my computer for the driver software or search automatically for updated driver software. The first one will have you install the driver from the internet; the second one will be from the local disk.
- Click on the standard SATA AHCI Controller and then hit Next.
- Restart your computer. This will get rid of the 0x00000133 error from your computer. If the problem still persists, then switch to the next method.
Method 2: Update
One of the reasons for DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION is drivers being outdated. Which will lead to poorer performance in the hardware, you can get rid of the error by updating the drivers. This follows the same steps as the last method. Make your way to the device manager; here click the device you want to update. Right-click on that device to update the driver.
Method 3: Rollback to Fix 0x00000133
If you have recently made some changes to the hardware functionality or updated software, this might be the reason for the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION code that you see on the blue screen. You can simply rollback the driver to the previous state. Again you have to follow the same old procedure to do it. Just go to the device manager, and select the device that you have recently updated, once you select the right driver, then right-click on it to get into the properties of the driver.
In properties, go to the driver tab to get the option ‘Rollback driver.’. This will reset the driver for that specific device. After the rollback, restart your windows to see if the problem was fixed or not. If it is not, then switching to the next method will fix your problem.
Method 4: Repair to Fix 0x00000133
Windows operating system is equipped with all sorts of features to deal with the potential problems that you will face every day. BSOD error falls under the same circle of a problem that windows are equipped with a perfect function to deal with these particular problems. To solve the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error on your system, you have to run an SFC system file checker to repair the system files. As we know, corrupted system files are one of the reasons why you see 0x00000133 on your computer.
Follow the steps below to activate the SFC scan on all of your drives.
- Press Windows + R to launch the ‘Run.’
- Inside the search box of Run, type in ‘cmd.’ If you just press enter, then the cmd will open without administrator privileges, but if you press shift + ctrl + enter, this will open up the cmd with an administrator mode.
- In the cmd, type in SFC /scannow to start the process of scanning. This is going to take some time because it’s going to scan through every bit of the system file inside your local drive.
- Don’t worry; you don’t have to repair it afterward, as the SFC scanning system will handle that after it finished scanning the whole drive for errors. And it will even perform a repair on the drive.
- Restart your computer to see if any changes have been made to your system, and see if the error 0x00000133 still continues on your computer.
Method 5: Driver Checkups
A hardware problem is one of the reasons why you see DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION on your system. In this method, you are going to learn how to do a drive check up to see if there is an error clouding over the harddisk.
- First open run, by pressing the Windows key + R. In the search box type in ‘cmd,’ and make sure to press enter with ctrl and shift.
- In the command prompt, type in ‘chkdsk c: /f.’ After the scanning of the computer, the repair process will begin.
Method 6: Update
Updating has more chances to fix your problem right away, without having you messing your head in the features. Doing it manually will consume a lot of your time and effort because you have to go through each device one by one until you reach the very end. This may sound simple, but our computer nowadays is equipped with all sorts of features to keep our computer running for a long time while remaining the affectability. Luckily there is software that can carry your burden on their shoulders.
Handling this software is not complex as they provide an easier to understand interface with swift navigation to all the functions without having you look for it. Here we have two software that will fix your DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION problem in your computer and boost the overall performance of your computer in no time.
Method 7: Fix 0x00000133 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Error via Driver Easy Effortlessly
The first software we have here is the Driver Easy, think of this software as a device manager of the windows but the ability to scan all the devices in the list and show you the appropriate drivers that are required to operate the driver. If the Driver Easy detects any preexisting driver installed for the device, then it will find the latest version of the device.
Don’t worry; it is not going to download all the drivers of the computer system without asking your permission. After scanning, you still have the main control to use the Driver Easy as you want it. If you want to perform a selective download or update, then you can do that by selecting specific devices for the updates. That will save you data and time. By selecting the right device, you can scan for the latest version of the driver for that device. So you continue using the device without worrying about stuttering on the device. Follow the instructions below to install the Driver Easy software on your computer.
- Download the Driver Easy, and allow the app to run it through the firewall so that it won’t block the installer.
- Then install the app, after installation, launch it. If you allowed the app to run it through the firewall, you wouldn’t have to deal with any problem.
- On the main page of the app, you see a giant ‘Scan Now,’ click on it for the app to scan through all the devices connected to your computer.
- After some time, the Driver Easy will find the right software for all of your devices. Again you don’t have to download all of them at once; you can just select the drive that you think is the most necessary to the least impacted, then download the software from there.
- After you selected the appropriate driver for installation, click on the update to start the process. This will automatically download the driver, and then you can manually install it.
- There is another option, ‘Update All,’ which means updating every software of the system all at once.
- This reduces the tremendous burden of installing each software on the computer one by one, but to activate Update All function in the Driver Easy, you have to get the premium version of the software.
Another software that you can use to update all the drivers in your computer system is the driver Booster. It does sound like software that has the key to increase the significant performance of the computer. And in many ways, it accomplishes just that. What makes the driver boost so much better? It is equipped with all the necessary software to run the driers efficiently on the computer.
The great thing about this software that it is not going to find the latest software for your driver, but it’s going to find the updates that are compatible with your machine. In that way, you won’t come across any more blue screen errors.
- Download the Device Booster. Allow the app on the firewall so that it won’t get blocked at the first stage.
- When you launch the app, you will see three options on the main page. One will show you the drivers that can be downloaded on your computer, another option would be to scan the devices to find the proper driver, and the last one will be game components.
- Click on scan to find out all the compatible drivers for your PC. After the scan, it will list out all the drivers available for you. You have the option to choose the driver you want to install and neglect others.
- The software also offers booster options and various settings to customize the app. That is not only it; you can also set a schedule for the app update if you don’t want to miss any of the updates.
- Just like every other software, selecting prime membership will give you more options for the software. Otherwise, you can do most of the things with a free account.
Conclusion on How to Fix 0x00000133 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Error on Windows 10
If you followed all the methods mentioned above, then the error code 0x00000133 is a thing of the past now. Most of the reason why you see the BSOD error is due to the unsupported hardware and old drivers for the hardware. If these things are not up to date with the latest number, then you immediately raise the chance of seeing the error such as BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION in your system. Take the right precaution for your computer, if you do not want the error to appear on your computer again.