In general, Apple considers the convenience of users pretty seriously. As a result, they constantly bring updates to their operating systems and add newer features to their devices. Since 2016, Apple introduced another gadget called AirPod, through which you can make calls. Also, AirPods let you listen to music and even talk to Siri (Apple’s assistant). Usually, AirPods work fine with all the Apple devices. However, some users have complained that their AirPods not connecting to mac for some strange reason.
Interestingly, there were hardly any complaints about such issue with AirPods at the initial stage. Nevertheless, in recent times, there were a considerable number of complains about the connectivity of AirPods. Many users said that AirPods didn’t produce any sound when paired with their Macs. Meanwhile, a substantial number of users mentioned that their AirPods not connecting to mac at all. It is needless to mention how frustrating such an issue is when you are expecting to experience a sophisticated.
Well, the truth is that no one would invest in AirPods if they don’t pair successfully. Just because the device appears stylish, you don’t want to buy it if it doesn’t produce any sound. We have realized that many individuals across the globe have experienced this issue with AirPods. So, we thought of composing an article with all the required information to solve this issue. From this point onwards, you can read the methods to solve “AirPods not connecting to mac” issue. So, read on.
First of all, let’s see how to connect an AirPod to a MacBook (Air or Pro). In general, the design of the AirPod is very convenient. As per its design, it is supposed to be connected to any Apple device that is synchronized with iCloud. However, even Apple devices aren’t perfect and occasional glitches can take place at any time. That means, there’s a probability for your AirPod device to malfunction due to one reason or another. Sometimes, it may not pair automatically as you expect. Therefore, it is definitely worth it to know how to fix this AirPod related issue. One of the simplest methods you can try to fix the issue is pairing it manually. Following are the steps you should follow in order to pair AirPods manually with Macbook.
- First, open the charging case of the AirPods and do it carefully.
- You should then perform a long press on the small button located at the back of the AirPod. Then, you will see that an LED light pops out and blinks.
- Now, on your MacBook, you should switch on Bluetooth function.
- Go to the Bluetooth icon located at the right-hand side corner of the screen (top). Then, choose the option “Open Bluetooth Preferences”.
- You can now allow your Mac to perform a Bluetooth can so it will detect the nearby AirPod.
- On the Mac you are operating, click on the pair button of the AirPod to complete the process.
If the manual pairing doesn’t work for you, you should try the methods we have mentioned below. In fact, we have provided several solutions to this issue so you can select the best method.
Fix 01: Perform an update on your Mac to solve “AirPods not connecting to mac” issue
If your Mac doesn’t have Sierra or newer OS, you cannot expect it to pair with AirPods. So, the first thing you should do if AirPods not connecting to mac is to check its OS. If the OS is older, you should definitely update it at least to Sierra. In fact, unsupported macOS is among the most common reasons behind this issue.
In order to get an idea about the macOS available on your computer, you should follow the steps mentioned below.
- Go to the Apple logo
- Select the option About This Mac
If the macOS version is older than Sierra, you should hit the button labeled “Software Update”.
By the way, if you have a problem with ‘Macbook Pro Not Charging‘, click to read more.
Fix 02: Have the AirPods and its charging case properly charged
When it comes to using AirPods, they should be properly charged before you use it. Otherwise, some issues can occur including bad connection. To charge the AirPods, you should first charge their charger. In order to get the AirPods charger fully fueled, you can follow the steps mentioned below.
- Make sure that the AirPods are properly placed in the charging case so you can see status light.
- When it comes to charging case, plug an original lighting cable to the connector.
- The other end of the lighting cable should be connected either to a wall charger or a USB port.
Now, the charging process will begin.
Fix 03: Reset AirPod-Mac connectivity
If the previous options don’t do any good for you, it is better to rest AirPod-Mac connectivity (Bluetooth). In order to reset the connection, you should first forget your AirPods on Mac. Once forgotten on the Mac, the AirPods will be new to it once again. To connect the device, you should establish a new connection. In other words, you will be pairing your device as a totally new device. In order to perform this option, you will have to follow the steps listed below.
- Go to the tab labeled “System Preferences” on your Mac.
- Select the option “Bluetooth”.
- Tap the Bluetooth option of your AirPods which is under Mac’s Bluetooth options.
- Now, move the mouse over the AirPods device and then tap the “X” tab (in a circular shape).
- When you see a popup, you should select the option “Forget Device”.
- After a couple of minutes, you should connect AirPods to Mac manually once again.
For most of the user, this option should work like a breeze.
Fix 04: Select AirPods to be the Output Device of the Mac
If your Mac does have other output devices connected, they might affect the functionality of the AirPods. If another device is already identified by Mac, your AirPods won’t produce any sound. In order to solve this issue, you should follow the steps mentioned below.
- Make sure that you have opened the AirPods charging case and the device is placed within the range.
- You should now power on Mac’s Bluetooth connection.
- Under the option “System Preferences” you should go to the “Sound” option.
- There is a tab labeled “Sound Output”. Just select AirPods from the tab.
This should resolve the issue for most of the users.
Fix 05: Perform a reset on your AirPods
If you are yet to be succeeded, you should try resetting the AirPods. In fact, resetting can resolve most of the connectivity issues associated with AirPods. In order to reset the AirPods, you should follow the simple steps mentioned below.
- Press and hold the setup button in the AirPods charging case (which is located in the back side).
- You will see that the status light is flickering in an amber color. Then, the light will flicker in white color. When you see this white flickering, release the button so the device will be reset.
Fix 06: Return your AirPods
If none of the above options have helped you out, you should get the AirPods returned. However, to do this, your AirPods should have a warranty. If not, you should contact Apple Support to learn what to do.
In most of the cases, the issue we’re trying to resolve has a link to some error in iOS. So, if none of the above options haven’t worked for you so far, try repairing the iOS. Do to that; you should use a professional software called iMyfone Fixppo. For other best iPhone Explorer Apps, click to switch.
In fact, iMyfone Fixppo is special software that is particularly dedicated to resolving iOS issues. It can resolve a range of different issues associated with your iOS system.
Here are some of the key features included in this software.
- It works with pretty much all the iOS devices ranging from 6 to iPhone X.
- iMyfone Fixppo doesn’t misuse or retain any of your data.
- It can recover lost or intentionally deleted data from your iOS devices.
- It has three different recovery modes to be compatible with different situations.
If you use iMyfone Fixppo, you will be able to get various other issues resolved with ease.
Well, we hope these methods will surely fix “AirPods not connecting to mac” issue. These methods might come in handy if you ever face a connectivity issue with your AirPods. Also, you can click to fix your iPhone boot loop issue.