You might have ended up reading this article because you have a carrier-locked iPhone. Now, you need to bypass the carrier lock of the device and use it without trouble. Once the carrier lock is broken, you can use the same iPhone with other carriers as well. It is true that there is no shortage of carriers across the globe today. However, in this article, we explain how to unlock AT&T iPhone and use it with other carrier networks.
As you can understand, AT&T unlock iPhones offer more freedom for the user. Once the phone is unlocked, you can use it any carrier service provider without any hassle. Basically, when your iPhone is unlocked for a carrier, it can be called as a contract-free phone. Some users call it SIM-free phone as well. Both of those terms actually define the end result of unlocking an iPhone for a carrier service provider.
With that said, getting AT&T Unlock Status is not that simple, particularly if you are not an expert. Using an incorrect, incomplete, or unsafe method to unlock AT&T iPhone can even give your device a bad ESN. In fact, ESN is the abbreviation that describes the Electronic Serial Number. Well, you shouldn’t worry about it anymore because this article comprises of all the useful information. In other words, we explain how to get AT&T Unlock Status on your iPhone in the proper manner.
Part 1. Use iPhoneIMEI.Net to unlock AT&T iPhone
Are you looking for a way to get AT&T Unlock Status on your iPhone without jailbreaking it? If so, you should consider using doctorunlock.net to do that. This tool can work with pretty much all the iPhones in the industry today. This tool comprises of plenty of features to provide you an impressive service an unlock your device. After getting AT&T Unlock Status, you will be able to perform all the regular tasks with the device. For instance, you can upgrade iOS or even synchronize it with iTunes. After using this tool, your AT&T unlock iPhone will not be relocked. The best thing is that this tool doesn’t make any impact on the warranty of your iPhone. With that said, let’s see how to use DoctorUnlock.Net and unlock your iPhone for carrier service.
The process is pretty simple but make sure you follow the steps carefully to get the results as expected.
As the first step, you should go to doctorunlock.net official website. Then, you will have to select the model of the iPhone you intend to unlock. Also, you should select the network carrier for which your iPhone is locked currently. Now, you will see that you are directed to a different page. Now, make sure that you follow the page instructions in order to finish the order. As a result, the iPhone EMEI will be submitted to the respective carrier provider. In this case, it should be AT&T. Then, the respective EMEI will be whitelisted from the database of the Apple servers. However, please note that this process doesn’t give you immediate results. In fact, you will have to wait for a couple of days (1-5 days). Once the device is unlocked, you will get an email from them confirming your AT&T unlock status.
Part 2. Use AT&T to get AT&T Unlock Status
If you don’t want to use the previous method, you may consider using AT&T to get the device unlocked. However, this process is relatively complex compared to the previous method. Also, it may take a bit longer to get your device unlocked. However, this is a legitimate way that can get your device unlocked. The process starts with contacting your carrier service provider. Since we are talking about AT&T, you should contact AT&T directly in this case. Then, you should proceed, as mentioned in the steps below.
- 01. As the first step, visit their website to get into contact with AT&T. Their official website is https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/?#/.
- 02. Once you visit their official website, you will see that there is a list of eligibility requirements. Make sure that you read the contents carefully and agree to them. After that, you will be able to click on ‘Continue.’
- 03. You will now see a different page where you can find a Request Form. In this request form, you will have to provide details such as your Wireless number. Be sure you fill in the details carefully without making any mistake.
- 04. Wait for a while to get an email from AT&T. This email will comprise of an unlock request number to get your iPhone unlocked.
- 05. You should click on the respective link within a period of 24 hours. If not, the link will automatically expire within the given time period. After clicking on the respective link in the email, AT&T will accept your request officially.
- 06. You should be patient after submitting the official request to AT&T. In fact, you should wait for two days to get a response from them. If you have made a successful request, you will get another email from them. This email will comprise instructions to proceed with the unlocking process.
Important: What you should remember is that AT&T has all the rights to dismiss your request. They consider various things before accepting your request. So, you cannot expect 100% success with all the unlocking requests you sent to AT&T. This can be true with the other carriers as well. So, it is a smart approach to go through the requirements on their website before proceeding with the request. Mentioned below are some of the key requirements they demand in order to unlock your iPhone.
- Your iPhone must be locked to AT&T. Otherwise, your request will not be accepted.
- If your iPhone is reported as stolen or lost by a previous owner, your request won’t be accepted.
- The device you are trying to unlock must not be associated with any criminal or fraudulent activities.
- The termination fees related to the respective package must be settled in full. In addition to that, if there are installment plans, they also must be settled completely.
- If you have upgraded the iPhone, you will have to wait for 14 days since then.
If you don’t know how to unlock AT&T iPhone, things can be pretty disturbing for you. As we already know, unlocking the iPhone is essential for many individuals so they can use other carriers.
The options we have mentioned above allow you to unlock AT&T iPhone legitimately. It can be done either through your SIM card or by directly contacting AT&T carrier service provider.
Part 3. How to Unlock AT&T iPhone without SIM Card
As you might notice, the above methods have some drawbacks. Moreover, both of those methods actually require you to engage in a relatively complex and time-consuming process. However, if you are looking for a reliable, 100% working and very convenient method, use dr.fone – SIM Unlock Service.
Dr.Fone is a great alternative to unlock your iPhone from AT&T carrier. This software is a very user-friendly option for both novice and expert users who want to unlock iPhones. Compared to the previous method, this option offers greater convenience to users. Also, it lets you unlock the device without a SIM card. You will actually be deleting the iPhone completely and restoring it so there won’t be any issues with DoctorSIM Unlock Service.
As you already know, AT&T has plenty of requirements to get your device unlocked. However, with the assistance of this software, you can bypass all those requirements. As per the previous process, even if you pass the requirements, the time it takes is very long. However, going using DoctorSIM Unlock Service is an exceptionally quicker way that can get your device unlocked in 3 simple steps.
Features of DoctorSIM Unlock Service
Here are some of the most notable features associated with DoctorSIM Unlock Service.
- Highly user-friendly software that comes with a very intuitive interface.
- It is compatible with pretty much all the iOS devices that run on different iOS versions.
- It can unlock your iPhone without causing data loss.
- Safe and faster so it can get your device unlocked in a couple of minutes.
Well, that’s how to unlock AT&T iPhone. We explained three methods for you to consider in this case. You can go through all these methods and choose the best option that matches your situation. As per the experience we had, we recommend DoctorSIM Unlock Service to get AT&T Unlock Status on your iOS device.