Now that the year 2020 is looming, many individuals are planning to upgrade to new Chromebooks. As you already know, the list of Chromebooks is pretty long, so one might wonder what to choose. To make your decision an easier one, we have prepared a list of Best Chromebooks of 2020. We prepared this list after a considerable amount of research and studies. So, any Chromebook fan who prefers nothing but the best can consider this article as a buyer’s guide.
Choosing the Best Chromebooks of 2020
Before jumping into the list of Best Chromebooks of 2020, take a look at this section of our article. We have prepared this list after considering several important aspects which are mentioned below for your reference.
01. A Chromebook with touchscreen is better
For pretty much all the other laptop models, touchscreen features may be considered as a luxury. However, when it comes to Chromebooks, such a feature becomes a requirement. In fact, Chrome supports touchscreen features in a very seamless and powerful manner. Chrome OS introduces various advancements to its touchscreen feature very often. Also, the majority of the Android apps installed on Chromebooks are perfectly optimized for touch operation. To make the most out of these aspects, having a touchscreen monitor is almost a must.
Don’t worry, though, as touchscreen models are not that expensive as one might think. Modern-day touchscreen Chromebooks are pretty affordable because touchscreen has become more of a mandatory feature. If you happen to see a Chromebook with a non-touch screen, you better look for a different option. Tapping on the screen using the fingertips and scrolling up and down is a unique experience. You don’t have to take the trouble of using a mouse if you have a touchscreen in this case.
If you are going for a 2-in-1 Chromebook, a touchscreen becomes even more useful. You can either use such a device on Tent mode (when watching a video) or fold it flat. The way you use it may depend on your situation. Regardless of the angle of the Chromebook, touchscreen becomes incredibly handy to browse through the options.
02. What features you prefer?
When it comes to the software factor, Chromebooks are virtually the same on other devices you have used. So, the software performance of the device depends on the hardware specifications. Eventually, it will affect the price of the device. So, you should know what sort of features you expect from your Chromebook and then start shopping around. Such an approach will help you to filter the Best Chromebooks of 2020. For instance, if you use the device mostly to watch movies, high-quality screen and good speakers are a must. If you use the device for multitasking with multi-windows opened, go for a 3:2 display. Also, multi-tasking demands a powerful processor.
Do you have young kids at home, or you intend to use your Chromebook under tough conditions? In other words, will your device experience slips, falls, spills, etc.? In that case, you should give preference to a military-grade Chromebook or a one with a spill-resistant keyboard.
03. Choose the appropriate size
You should be wise when choosing the best size of the Chromebook. Although Chromebooks are available in different sizes, we can put them into four main categories.
Designed for those who prefer portability and compactness. Despite the small size, the screen appears to be decent. The resolution of the screen is less than 1080p. These models can either come with full-sized keys or small-sized keys. Nevertheless, most of the manufacturers have full-size keys on their 11.6″ devices in general.
12.3″ / 12.5″
Chromebooks with these sizes are becoming popular, especially with the detachable models and two-in-one models. In general, these models are manufactured using a 3:2 aspect ratio. Such a ratio becomes very handy for split-screening functionality and multitasking. Also, it becomes very handy for sketching work.
These models can be considered as the largest of the portable category. However, even with the relatively larger size, these devices are still very portable, just like 13″ laptops. Generally, these models come with a battery life that lasts up to 9 hours and not less than 7 hours. You can even change the display text as well. Most of the 14″ models have at least 1080p resolution.
These models are ideal to be used as desktop tablets and dining room computers. Nevertheless, they are not considered as lap tablets or tray tablets though they easily fit into laptop bags. These devices are compatible with standard office spaces that don’t have much congestion. For those who expect better productivity, these laptops are ideal. However, the downside of these Chromebooks is that they have come with a shorter battery life.
In general, the Chromebooks with bigger sizes come with less portability and vice versa. Also, smaller devices come with a lightweight and more affordable price tag. Nevertheless, you cannot expect high-end resolution screens from smaller devices.
04. The amount of memory and storage
One of the most critical aspects of any computer is the amount of RAM it has. The amount of RAM and storage affects majorly on performance and multi-tasking ability. So, it is always better to go for a Chromebook that has a substantial amount of RAM and storage.
As a general guideline, at least 4GB RAM is required for a modern-day Chromebook to function smoothly. If you can go for 8GB, that is much better. Some of the high-end Chromebooks even come with 16GB or higher RAM capacity for better performance. Nevertheless, the price of the Chromebooks with higher RAM and storage will be high.
05. Don’t forget to check the date of expiry
One of the most important things to remember when purchasing a Chromebook is that it has an expiry date. Every Chrome OS is developed to expire at a certain time, and thereafter, updates will not be available. This date of expiry is available with every single model on its support page.
Best Chromebooks of 2020
Hopefully, the above section has provided you a clear idea about what to look for when purchasing a Chromebook. Let’s take a look at the list of Best Chromebooks of 2020 in this section.
#1 Best Chromebook of 2020 – Lenovo Chromebook C330
Lenovo Chromebook C330 made to the top of the list of Best Chromebooks of 2020 pretty conveniently. It comes with 10-hour battery life as well, and the weight of the device is impressively lightweight.
Features of Lenovo Chromebook C330
- Bright touchscreen with 11.6″ size.
- The battery life of 10 hours.
- Very impressive performance for the price you pay.
- 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage, which is decent enough.
- Nicely balanced size and weight.
- 2-in-1 design with bright and shimmery characteristics.
Overall, this is an ideal piece with better versatility.
#2 Best Chromebook of 2020 – ASUS Chromebook Flip C302CA-DHM4
This is an elegant piece that comes as a 2-in-one Chromebook with better versatility. It comes with a larger screen and powerful processor, as well.
Features of ASUS Chromebook Flip C302CA-DHM4
- It has a Gorilla Glass Touchscreen with a 1080p display.
- The screen has a size of 12.5″ for a relatively decent displaying facility.
- Intel Core M3 processor for better performance.
- They are powered with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of the processor.
- It comes with a battery life of 10 hours for better usage.
- It comes with a weight of 2.6 pounds.
We can nominate ASUS to be one of the Best Chromebooks of 2020, and its C302 device is great. Most of the Chromebook enthusiasts across the globe say that they are pleased with the performance of this device. This Chromebook is powered by an Intel Core m3 processor. However, if you want to go for better performance, you can choose Core m5, which is obviously pricier.
#3 Best Chromebook of 2020 – HP Chromebook X2
This can be considered as a powerful tablet that comes with an excellent precision stylus screen. This device is a detachable one and ideal for any type of user in general.
Features of HP Chromebook X2
- Vibrant touchscreen with 12.3″ 3:2K aspect ratio.
- Very powerful Intel m3 processor.
- It has a good battery life that can last up to 10 hours.
- 4GB RAM and 32GB storage device.
- This is the first Chromebook with a detachable feature.
- Ideal for multitasking purposes.
One of the most notable features of this device is that it has 0.3 thickness and Core m3 processor.
04. ASUS Chromebook Flip C434
This is a very powerful device with excellent performance. If you are searching for the best Chromebook of 2020 with multitasking, this is an ideal choice. The backlit keyboard of this Chromebook allows you to use it easily, even under a bad light.
Features of ASUS Chromebook Flip C434
- 14″ 1080p touchscreen with the excellent display quality.
- It has a backlit keyboard so you can use it even under a bad light.
- Large trackpad for increased convenience.
- Bezels with super thin design.
- The battery of this Chromebook lasts up to 10 hours over a single charge.
- Elegantly made thin aluminum build.
If required, you can go for a higher RAM capacity by paying something extra. However, in general, 4GB RAM is good enough for most of the tasks you perform.
05. Google Pixelbook
If you are looking for a premium quality Chromebook offered by Google itself, this is a great option. The term ‘Premium’ is used more often than not to emphasize the performance of this device. As we believe, it has the best keyboard and trackpad. The beautiful touchscreen of the device ads more value to it.
Features of Google Pixelbook
- Super-bright 12.3″ touchscreen with 3:2 aspect ratio.
- Introduced as ultra-premium ‘Halo’ Chromebook.
- Excellent battery life (up to 10 hours).
- 8 to 16 GB RAM and 128 – 512 GB storage.
- Intel i5 processor (can be chosen an i7 processor as well).
06. ASUS Chromebook Flip C214
This is another ASUS product that made this list due to its reliable, long-lasting, and efficient performance. It comes with a slim design and better battery life as well.
Features of ASUS Chromebook Flip C214
- Durable design with 11.6″ touchscreen display.
- Mil-STD-810G rugged 2-1in-1.
- Increased battery life that lasts up to 12 hours.
- 4GB RAM and 32 GB storage.
- Keyboard with spill-resistant characteristics.
- EMR stylus for drawing.
07. Lenovo Yoga C630 Chromebook
This is a powerful Chromebook with beefy make. This is ideal for watching movies or even to use split-screen. You can use this device for a longer period after a single charge.
Features of Lenovo Yoga C630 Chromebook
- 4K touchscreen with 15.6″ and 1080p resolution.
- Nice finish with ‘Midnight Blue‘ aluminum color.
- It can be chosen from an i3 or i5 processor.
- 8GB RAM and storage can be selected from 64-128GB capacity.
- Efficient port configuration.
- Excellent 2-in-1 for media.
08. Dell Chromebook 3100 2-in-1
Dell is known for a long period due to its quality. This special device delivers you impressive performance for its size.
Features of Dell Chromebook 3100 2-in-1
- 11.6″ touchscreen with Gorilla Glass technology.
- It comes with 13-hours of battery life (can run through a night easily).
- It comes with two USB-C and USB-A ports for better usability and compatibility.
- 4/8GB of RAM and 32/64GB of storage.
- Rugged shell and excellent durability.
- Keyboard with spill-resistant characteristics for better protection.
09. Samsung Chromebook Plus V2
This special Chromebook comes with power and innovation. It has an active stylus for better user-friendliness. It offers excellent versatility, as well.
Features of Samsung Chromebook Plus V2
- Touchscreen with 12.3″ display.
- It comes with S-Pen Active Stylus
- It can be purchased in LTE models, as well.
- Two USB-C ports, One USB-A port
- The RAM capacity is 4GB
- Storage is 32-64 GB
- Battery life up to 9 hours.
10. Acer Chromebook 514
This is another excellent device that comes with very impressive build quality, as well. This option works perfectly for office environments and even when you travel. To enjoy the most out of this device, you should go for its touchscreen model.
Features of Acer Chromebook 514
- This device has a 14″ display with an IPS screen.
- It delivers a 10-hour battery life.
- It comes with two USB-C and USB-A ports.
- And it can be purchased from 4-8 GB RAM and 32-64GB storage.
- Solid build.
So that’s our list of Best Chromebooks of 2020 and how to differentiate them. If you have better suggestions, please let us know.