Everyone uses the internet nowadays. Children, teenagers, adults, and even some of the elderly are active internet users. Out of these groups, the people who are most at risk are children and teenagers. As a parent, it’s only natural that you’d want to take steps to ensure the safety of your children and keep them safe online. For that reason, we’ve put together a list which details the best parental control software available. Click to find out the best Child GPS Trackers.
Finding an ideal piece of software is a tedious chore, no matter how you think about it. It’s not just about getting the first solution you find – you have to explore the features, pricing, and generally, realize how comfortable you are using the chosen software. As you might already realize, this makes it time-consuming to do so. Thus, with this in mind, let’s start looking at the options you have.
How Can Parental Control Software Help?
It’s not a secret that most kids have smartphones, tablets, laptops, and so on. With so much access to the internet, it’s important for parents to put measures in place. Even more, so that some children and teenagers are said to have an internet addiction. So, how exactly can monitoring software help?
Let’s start with inappropriate websites. The internet is full of inappropriate content (not just pornography, but explicit dating websites and even gory videos). When you use the best parental control software, you can block access to this type of content and protect your children. There’s no reason for anyone, let alone children, to view these things.
Another handy feature that many solutions have to offer is smartphone monitoring. View your children’s text messages, browsing activity, location, and so much more. To top it off there are many programs that allow you to add restrictions to their smartphone activity. As you can see, there’s a lot that can be done by using parental control software, such as Spotify parental controls, Sprint parental controls, ESET Parental Control as well as Samsung Galaxy Parental Control.
Top 6 Best Parental Control Software
Now that you have a better understanding of how the best parental control software can benefit you, here are some of the top solutions that we highly recommend.
#1 – FamiGuard
The first parental monitoring software on our list is FamiGuard. It is available for both Android and iOS devices meaning that you can track virtually any device. As of 2018, this is known as the top parental control software for Android devices!
When you use this Snapchat Password Finder – FamiGuard, it goes much further than just monitoring your children. To help you get a better idea, below are some of the key features this solution offers.
- Hack Samsung phone & block your children from using specific apps on their devices, like block WhatsApp. You can also block inappropriate websites that you don’t want them to access.
- GPS tracking allows you to view the real-time location of the device and as long as your child has the device with them, you can track where they go.
- Receive alerts whenever your kids step out of an area that you define. Geofencing allows you to set a boundary and receive an alert if they step out of it.
- Hack Yahoo Password, hack Hotmail Account, monitor text messages, call logs, browsing activity, and much more personal data.
- Versions are available for both iOS and Android devices
- It is easy to get set up and doesn’t require you to have past tech knowledge
- Users can access all of the app’s features for free, for the first three days, before deciding if they want to buy it
- For complete access permanently, you will have to purchase the best parental control software
#2 – Norton Online Family
Norton is known as one of the top anti-virus and computer security companies. It should come as no surprise that they offer a parental control software solution.
In terms of features, you can expect a lot. From monitoring your kids’ browsing history to tracking their device usage. We can even go a step further and track their live GPS location. The cherry on top is that you can install this best parental control software on either iOS or Android devices without running into any problems.
- Add a time restriction to limit when your child can use the device.
- View the GPS location of your kid with ease.
- Use this best parental control software to monitor a variety of different social media platforms.
- A free version is available so that parents can receive a hands-on experience
- Norton is a leading name in cybersecurity, and therefore this is a reliable app
- There is a limit in place when using the free version
#3 – Family Shield
Let’s take things back a step. Rather than focusing on fully-equipped monitoring tools, Family Shield blocks access to websites. As such, it will instantly block your children from accessing inappropriate material or, if you want to put your foot down, you can block websites that distract them.
Disregarding how basic this program may seem, don’t let that take away from how effective it is. Also, you may want to know how to block adult’s websites in Google Chrome easily.
- Limit access to certain websites.
- Monitor a few other types of data (e.g., text messages and phone calls) as well as limiting browsing history.
- Very simple to use and is a reliable way to block website access
- Free to use – no hidden charges at all!
- Limited to just blocking websites
- Doesn’t include an app blocking feature which usually accompanies website blocking
#4 – K9 Web Protection
Back to one of the best parental control software solutions, K9 Web Protection offers a fantastic range of monitoring tools. It has a reputation for gathering essential data which helps parents to assess their kid’s device activity.
With K9 Web Protection in place, parents have the capability of monitoring any iPhone, Android, or Windows device. Furthermore, it’s very simple to start tracking browsing history, GPS location, and time restrictions.
Check out the free version of K9 Web Protection to get a hands-on experience of this monitoring software.
- See the live location of your kids via GPS tracking.
- Time restrictions can be used to prevent children staying awake too late playing games.
- A free version is readily available.
- The free version is a huge bonus for first-time users
- Known for being a reliable monitoring tool
- Straightforward installation, nothing complex
- Users report that they can’t block some websites
- Blocking YouTube access is not possible
#5 – Windows Live Family Safety
Another well-known name in the tech world is Microsoft. Microsoft is known mostly for their operating system Windows, and a program that they offer is Windows Live Family Safety. It is free to use, and if we consider how reputable Microsoft is, we can safely have high hopes!
With this tool, you can limit and monitor browser activity – two very essential features. Not only do you want to prevent access to inappropriate sites but parents should be aware of what other sites their children may be accessing. This has the added bonus of allowing parents to block more inappropriate sites which they may have forgotten about.
- Free to use for all users.
- Include an easy-to-use web content filter.
- View the real-time location of the user.
- Free, thus no risk of wasting your money
- Includes the basic monitoring tools that all parents need
- Accessibility depends on the version of Windows
#6 – SocialShield
Last on our list is SocialShield – a tool that many parents are starting to love. Sick and tired of your kids constantly playing on their smartphones and hiding behind their “black mirror”? Most parents are and as such, monitoring their social media activity gives you the opportunity to see what they get up to.
By using SocialShield, you can get direct access to view your kids’ social media activity. This includes what they post, their comments, which platforms they use, and a lot more activity too. With cyberbullying on social media becoming more common, you should definitely consider installing SocialShield.
- View a wide range of social media activity.
- Monitor real-time activity updates wherever you are.
- Supports all versions of the Windows platform
- A popular tool which can prevent and stop cyberbullying
- Users are unable to control the target device’s activity remotely
Which is the Best Parental Control Software to Use?
We have done a lot of testing to discover which software is ideal. Of course, if FamiGuard wasn’t the perfect solution, then it wouldn’t be at the top of our list. For that reason, it’s definitely the best parental control software that we will always recommend.
Simply taking into account how easy FamiGuard is to use and how much data it is capable of monitoring, we can assure you that it’s the best option out there. But, it goes without saying, the others in this article are also great choices – we only recommend the best.
Internet monitoring has been a very controversial subject over the last few years. However, one thing that everyone can agree on is that children should be kept safe online. If parents believe that they need the best parental control software to do this, then they should do it, without a doubt. Our suggestion, FamiGuard, is effortless to prepare. The app can be found on both iPhone and Android app stores, and within minutes the monitoring can begin.