Paras tapa vahvistaa ”ei voi lukea lähdetiedoston tai levylle’ Kysymys
Eri syistä, you will have to move files from one drive to another or between computers. Such need can arise in both office, home and recreational environments. If you are a Windows user and you might have moved large files pretty frequently between computers. Esimerkiksi, moving a TV Series one drive to another is not a new thing for Windows users. These files can be as large as several gigabytes. When moving such a large file, Windows users often see an error message. It says ‘Can’t read from the source file or disk‘. No, if you have seen this message you are not alone (at all). There are plenty of other individuals who have experienced this issue and wonder why.
‘Can’t read from the source file or disk’ message can appear due to three reasons as we are aware. Of all those reasons, a mismatch in the file systems is a more common reason. Sitä paitsi, reasons like corrupt disk sectors and issues associated with file permission can cause the same issue. No, Tässä artiklassa, we expect to help you get out of this issue for good. We offer solutions to all those three instances so you can get back to your work once again.
Kuten aiemmin mainittiin, the respective error can occur particularly when you move large files between disks. It can happen either between two internal hard drives or when moving from an internal drive to an external drive. Eg. When moving a file from a hard drive to a flash drive or an external hard drive. Although the same error can occur when moving pretty small files as well, the instances are very rare. Niin, you should expect this error specifically when moving large files.
PS: Täällä, lisä tietoja siitä, miten voit korjata Asemaan asetettu levyke ei voitu lukea tämän tietokoneen helposti.
Pro Vihje: Recover the file with HELLITTÄÄ Aineisto Takaisin saaminen Noita
Joskus, your computer cannot copy or move the file just because the file is corrupted. Tällöin, the OS cannot identify the file, ja näin ollen, nothing can be done with it. Itse asiassa, files can get corrupted due to various reasons. Regardless of the cause, the file should be recovered to move it or use it in any other way. Kuitenkin, the truth is that you cannot fix a corrupted file manually. Siihen, you should have a professional software like EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard.
Features of EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
- It can recover data that are completely lost due to formatting, deletion or even due to HDD crash.
- It can recover files of various types ranging from heavy video files to simple documents.
- EaseUS Data Recovery can recover (undelete) files from any media (USB, HDD, muistikortit, kamerat, puhelimet, jne.
The interface of this software is very convenient to any user so the whole process won’t take that long. Have this in mind when you move to the other fixes mentioned in this article.
Kuten aiemmin mainittiin, mismatched file systems are the major cause of this issue. Itse asiassa, this is the easiest issue to diagnose. Kuitenkin, to fix it you will need to put some considerable amount of effort. Those who use Windows 10 tai Windows 8 operating system might have an NTFS file system on their computers. Kuitenkin, the computers that use Windows 7 can have either FAT32 or NTFS. Myös, when it comes to Windows XP, the file system is FAT32.
You should always remember that these file types are completely different from each other. They come with different characteristics making those file systems unique. If you have a disk which is formatted in FAT32 format, it cannot accommodate files larger than 4GB. Sanoi, if the file you move to FAT32 disk has a close value to 4GB, errors can occur. Tämä tarkoittaa, the issue can arise even if the file is slightly lighter than the 4GB mark. Say, you have a video file with 3.85GB capacity, and you try to move it to a FAT32 disk. This is a perfect situation for disk errors to occur. No, if you are looking for a way to solve this issue, mentioned below are the steps to follow.
- Ennen kaikkea, you have to select the hard drive where the original file is located.
- Right click on the hard drive and then go to properties.
- Check the information and identify the file system.
- Repeat the same process with the disk to which you intend to copy the file.
- If NTFS is the file system in both the disks, you will have to consider the next fix. Kuitenkin, if the file system is FAT32 in one disk, you should keep reading this section.
AS mentioned before, it is impossible to copy heavier files to disks that are formatted with FAT32 format. Kuitenkin, we have noticed that some individuals say that they were able to do it with a file splitter. They say that they can split large files into several small portions and then transfer those portions. Kuitenkin, the major issue here is that sometimes Windows doesn’t recognize files that are split into pieces. Sen sijaan, Windows may recognize the file as a corrupted one, and it cannot open it. Niin, Pohjimmiltaan, se ei ole 100% successful, guaranteed method. But you can keep trying different file splitters and see which one works. For some users, some splitters have worked. Voit tehdä tämän, you should perform a Google search with the keyword ‘File Splitter”. You will get a plethora of options to consider. Before you install a file splitter, we recommend reading the reviews the previous users have left.
You can even use free splitters that can do a decent job. Regardless of the tool you use, we strongly suggest you have a virus guard installed in your PC. Some of the random tools you install may contain viruses and having protection is a wise approach anyway.
You should know that a sector is a designated segment in the hard drive where the data is stored. When you format a hard drive, the process will divide it into a large number of individual pieces. These pieces (segments) can be used to store independent chunks of data. Myös, these segments can collectively work to store larger files. That means multiple segments are required to store a single large file.
The term bad sectors refer to an error in your OS. The data related to the large file you try to move might be present in multiple segments. Ja, if the OS cannot read the data in one or more of those segments, the cannot be moved. This is mainly due to software errors (OS). Mutta, in very rare occasions, such instance can occur due to physical defects as well.
If you need to make sure if the issue is caused due to bad sectors, you can check it.
- Ennen kaikkea, select the hard drive where the original file is saved.
- Nyt, right click on the same disk and then go to Properties.
- Go to the Tools tab under this option.
- You should then check the box next to Error checking.
- Nyt, make sure that the process is completed.
- You should do the same process with the destination disk as well.
Itse asiassa, the tool used to check the disk comes as an inbuilt tool in your OS itself. This tool can let you know if there are bad sectors in the hard drive. Apart from finding the bad sectors, the same tool can be used to repair the errors. Useimmissa tapauksissa, this tool can repair the potential errors successfully. Kuitenkin, you should be aware that this process can damage the file you intend to move. Siksi, you should do it with care and know the consequences. To run the disk check, you can even use the command prompt.
- Launch CMD in Administrator mode.
- Type the term chkdsk /f (D) and hit enter. D should be replaced with the relevant drive name without brackets.
- If the bad sectors were present, Windows might fix it by now.
Joissakin tapauksissa, Windows can misread the file permissions and. Tämän seurauksena, Windows might not be able to let the file go. Myös, the same issue can occur when you try to send a file for which you don’t have the ownership of the file. Such a scenario can result in causing the issue we are discussing so far in this article.
The good news is that this issue can be fixed very easily.
- Right click on the file which you intend to move to the new drive.
- Sitten, select the option Properties.
- Select the Security tab and go to Edit option.
- Select the button called Add.
- Enter the computer username within the box which is located towards the bottom.
- Select the option Check Names as well.
- Nyt, you should select OK.
- Pick the username which can be found at the top of the window. Check the small box that can be seen next to Full control.
- Choose Apply and click on OK.
Että ’ s se!
We hope that the above methods will help you solve “Can’t read from the source file or disk” Virhe.