Are you not able to see your emails due to problems related to the OST file in Outlook? If so, it could be because of the offline mail servers and even corruption. So, whatever be the main source of the issue, it is advisable to convert OST to PST. It offers you an incredible chance to access your emails once again. As not everyone knows how to convert OST to PST, we will here discuss the methods in detail. So, let’s get started without further ado.
Part 1: Reasons why to convert OST to PST
If you are wondering why there is a need to convert OST to PST, then there are lots of reasons for the same. Here, we are going to tell you about some of the most reasons why people think of converting .OST to .PST in the first place. So, have a look at some common reasons below!
- If users like to transfer Outlook data or files to another system, they need to convert OST to PST.
- In case the server of Microsoft Exchange experiences a high-power rush or is down due to some maintenance work, users could not access their emails lest they choose to convert OST to PST.
- Users who like to recover the deleted emails can do so by opting for the conversion from .OST to .PST.
- On rebuilding the OST file in Outlook, you will be able to delete the junk files, which slow down this program. If you convert OST to PST, it ensures that no significant data gets lost during the rebuilding process.
So, these are some of the common reasons for which you may require converting .OST to .PST. Not just these, but there are other technical reasons too. But, users get the gist!
Part 2: Different methods to convert OST to PST
Now, we should move to the primary question: how to convert OST to PST? If you are in search of an answer to this question, keep on reading. Here, we will discuss some of the best methods to carry out this conversion process.
Method 1: through iMyFone ScanOutlook
The best method to convert the OST file to PST is through iMyFone ScanOutlook. This innovative software will convert your OST file even to PDF. By doing so, you can easily recover your emails that you have permanently deleted from the account.
Unique characteristics of iMyFone ScanOutlook:
- iMyFone ScanOutlook can easily convert numerous files to .PST from .OST at once.
- This tool can repair damaged OST files prior to the conversion of them to .PST.
- Using ScanOutlook, you can preview the OST content before creating a fresh PST file.
- It converts OST files to different formats, such as MSG, RTF, HTML, PDF, and EML.
- The application recovers deleted data from emails like calendar info, attachments, emails, and a lot more.
- With iMyFone ScanOutlook, one can selectively save data of Outlook while converting an .OST file.
- The tool supports all PST/OST files from every Microsoft Outlook version.
Steps on ‘how to convert OST to PST’:
Follow the instructions listed below if you like to convert OST to PST hassle-free and effectively.
Step 1: Launch iMyFone ScanOutlook
Initially, you need to download and then launch iMyFone ScanOutlook on the system. After that, you have to choose the file that you like to convert. Once selected, tap on the tab ‘Repair.’
Step 2: Choose ‘Export Selected’
Next, the program will scan files and present you with all items in that OST file. Now, choose the option ‘Export Selected‘ from there.
Step 3: Select the format
In the end, you need to select the PST format and choose the desired location where you like to save this PST file. After a few minutes, your OST file will be successfully converted to PST.
iMyFone ScanOutlook comes handy in diverse situations. This program does not only convert OST to PST but a lot more than that. Using ScanOutlook, users can recover the data from damaged OST/PST, export individual attachments and emails, and also create PDFs of all emails. So, there are some examples for which you could use iMyFone ScanOutlook. Thus, we highly recommend this solution if you want to convert OST to PST.
Method 2: Convert OST to PST through Import/Export
Outlook comes with an in-built feature, using which you can export OST files and convert them to PST effortlessly. So, let’s know how to do it!
Steps to convert OST to PST through Import/Export:
- Step 1: Launch Outlook and then, log into your account if you have not already.
- Step 2: Select the tab ‘File‘ and choose the option ‘Import/Export‘ from the tab ‘Open & Export.’
- Step 3: Out of all options, choose ‘Export to a file‘ and hit the ‘Next‘ tab.
- Step 4: Next, select ‘Outlook Data File‘ from the options listed there. After that, click on the ‘Next‘ tab.
- Step 5: Now, you can choose the folders that you like to export from the data file of emails. Move to the tab ‘Next‘ after doing so.
- Step 6: Finally, select a location for saving the file and look for the duplicate setting. Once done, tap on ‘Finish.’
On comparing this method to iMyFone ScanOutlook, the method just lacks one primary feature, which allows you to convert the data selectively.
Method 3: Convert OST to PST through Archive
There is another in-built feature that enables users to convert OST to PST, which is Archive.
Steps to convert OST to PST through Archive:
- Step 1: Run Outlook and choose the tab ‘File‘ present at the top.
- Step 2: Look for the tab ‘Option‘ and go to ‘Advanced.’ After that, select the settings called ‘AutoArchive.’
- Step 3: Choose a folder for converting to PST. If necessary, you can set even an exclusion over ‘Archive items older than.’
- Step 4: Select a folder where you like to keep the PST file under the tab ‘Archive File.’
- Step 5: Finally, hit the tab ‘OK.’ and your OST file will be successfully converted to PST.
So, this method will convert your file even though this feature is commonly used to create backups of Outlook OST files.
Method 4: Convert OST to PST through Online Converter
It is quite obvious that when people think of converting a file, they usually go for an online converter for carrying out the task. The same thing applies when it comes to converting OST to PST. If you are looking for an online solution, then OSTtoPST.online is the perfect one.
- Step 1: Visit a web browser and search for OSTtoPST.online.
- Step 2: Tap on ‘Select File‘ and choose the file that you like to convert to PST.
- Step 3: Put your email ID into the given column and hit the ‘Next Step‘ tab.
- Step 4: The file will get upload, and then, it will be converted to the desired format.
- Step 5: After the conversion process gets over, you can download the file and use the option ‘Import/Export‘ for using the same in Outlook.
Unfortunately, some disadvantages are associated with this online method. Firstly, your personal email data will be at risk against privacy leaks. Moreover, it is quite time-consuming and difficult for uploading files that are bigger in size.
Method 5: Convert OST to PST through Drag/Drop
The last method for converting .OST to .PST is through Drag-Drop. One can perform this task right on Microsoft Outlook. Plus, the method is relatively straightforward. Have a look at it below!
Steps to convert OST to PST through Drag-Drop:
- Step 1: Open Microsoft Outlook and then choose the option ‘New Items‘ from the toolbar.
- Step 2: Under the tab ‘More Items,’ select the ‘Outlook Data File.’
- Step 3: Next, give your file some name and password if desired and hit ‘OK.’ afterward.
- Step 4: Drag the email folders into your newly created PST data if it appears for creating an .PST file.
As compared to the in-built feature in Outlook that enables you to convert OST to PST, this method would not let users have the contact information or their inbox in the PST file.
So, these are some incredible methods to convert OST to PST. After converting your files, you would not face any issue. It is advisable to go with iMyFone ScanOutlook. The program is the best solution as compared to other methods as it allows you to save numerous emails. This feature is perfect for users who like to access the entire account. So, download ScanOutlook now!