Bästa lösningarna för att åtgärda ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE
Problem med Internet är alltid påfrestande, särskilt hemma. Om du har ett problem på jobbet, then usually it’s out of your hands, och du måste vänta på en tekniker för att reda ut det. Hemma, it’s your responsibility to get the Wi-Fi fixed. Resolving these issues can often get too technical for an untrained individual though if you see ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE på Google Chrome then more often than not, you won’t know how to deal with it.
Lyckligtvis, it’s not the end of the world just yet! This error is very common, and simple fixes usually do the trick. We’ve got plenty of solutions that you can try if Google Chrome shows this error, and you aren’t able to access the internet. Read on and find out what you need to do.
Även, Komma på How to find a router IP address och Hur man hittar WiFi lösenord på iPhone effortlessly here. Ytterligare, if you are facing ‘Stuck With 0x80070422 Error Code in Windows Update’ fel, here is the best solution.
Reasons for Chrome’s ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE Error
Understanding the cause of a problem is always a great way of determining how to fix it. This error is no different, so here are the most common reasons that users see ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE.
- Router Problems. Routers are fragile pieces of equipment and can become faulty without notice. If your router has a broken component or a firmware error, this may cause the Google Chrome error.
- Using a Public Network. Public networks don’t provide as much freedom as a private network does. When you try to connect to a private address while connected to a public network, this error will appear.
- Proxy Problems. Using a proxy server which hasn’t been configured properly, or has recently had settings changed, can result in network issues. If you have a VPN enabled or are using a proxy connection, consider disabling it and trying again.
- Issues with the Web Server. The network problem might not be on your end. Sometimes a web server may crash or have a fault which prevents browsers from establishing a connection. You can check if this is the problem by simply opening another tab and visiting another website.
- Computer Problems. Some desktop computers and laptops have glitches; it’s not something that we can avoid. Lyckligtvis, if it’s just a hiccup in your computer, restarting it will fix the network problem.
There are plenty of other reasons that you’ll see the unreachable error, and these are just the most common. Whatever is causing the error, one of the solutions we’ve got for you below will swiftly resolve it.
12 Ways to Fix ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE
We are now going to show you the best ways that you can fix this Google Chrome error and explain the steps you have to take for doing so.
1. Restart Your Router to Fix ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE
The first solution you should always try with persistent network errors is restarting your router. All you have to do is turn off the power, wait roughly 5 minuter, and then turn it back on.
After you turn it back on, wait a few minutes for it to load the firmware and establish a connection with your internet provider.
Didn’t work? You can instead try doing a hard reset. On the back of your router, there will be a small hole with the word “RESET” printed above it. Simply put a pin in this hole and push it in for roughly 5 sekunder. For specific instructions on resetting your router, you should check the manual.
2. Disable Your Extensions to Fix ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE
Google Chrome is very popular, and one reason for this is the extensive web store of extensions. The purpose of an extension is to alter the browser and add features which it otherwise wouldn’t have. Som sådan, you might find that one of your extensions is causing ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE.
To check if extensions are the problem you can either manually disable each extension or go into incognito mode. For incognito mode, just click the menu icon at the top-right and click on “New Incognito Window.” Use the new window to enter the website address and check if the error persists. If you still see the unreachable address error, then it isn’t because of your extensions.
3. Disable Your Antivirus Software
Similar to how an extension could block the connection with a website, your antivirus will do the same. If your antivirus software detects any sort of code which has mal-intent, it’ll prevent you from loading the website altogether.
The one way of finding out if this is the case is to disable your antivirus temporarily. Please remember that by doing this, if the website actually is dangerous, you risk a computer virus downloading to your computer. Men, if you’re certain it’s safe then go ahead, just remember to enable your antivirus again afterward!
4. Flush DNS to Fix ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE
Getting to the slightly more technical solutions, you can flush the DNS. When you visit a website, various pieces of information get stored in the DNS cache. Over time this cache builds up, and your computer might struggle with accessing the data it needs. På en Windows-dator, use these steps to flush DNS.
- Steg #1 – Click the search bar at the bottom-right and type “CMD.”
- Steg #2 – Right-click the Command Prompt program and select “Run as Administrator.”
- Steg #3 – Using the terminal window that appears, enter the command ipconfig /flushdns.
If the flush is successful, then a confirmation message will appear but if not, make sure you ran the program as administrator. När du gör detta, go back to Google Chrome and check if the ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE message is still shown when you try to open the website.
5. Try Another Wi-Fi Network
A simpler solution to give a shot is to connect to a different Wi-Fi network. If you’re getting errors due to your router or ISP, this will give you an answer.
After connecting to another network, if your device’s internet connection works fine and you can access websites without error, you know that the issue isn’t with the device itself.
6. Change Your Network’s DNS Settings
Every network has pre-set DNS settings. When your ISP gives you a router to use, it will be set to connect to their own DNS servers. Vanligtvis, this is fine and won’t be problematic, but if you see ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE, it could be because of those DNS servers not working.
Use the steps below to change your network’s DNS servers to Google’s free alternatives. Note that this guide is only applicable to Windows computers.
- Steg #1 – Click the search bar at the bottom-right of your screen and type “Control Panel.”
- Steg #2 – Välj “Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center,” then on the left menu, Klicka på “Change adapter settings.”
- Steg #3 – A list of network devices will be shown on this screen. Select the network device you are currently using, Högerklicka på den, och välj “Properties.”
- Steg #4 – On the window that appears, Klicka på den “Networking” tab and from the list of items, Klicka på “Internet Protocol Version 4” då den “Egenskaper” knappen.
- Steg #5 – Under den “De allmänna” tab click “Advanced.” If any IP addresses are shown, make a note of them and then click “Remove.” Tryck på “Okej” to go back.
- Steg #6 – Back on the IPv4 window, Aktivera “Use the follow DNS server addresses:” and type both of Google’s DNS IPs.
Obs: Google’s current public DNS addresses are 220.127.116.11 och 18.104.22.168. Click here to check if they have changed at the time of reading this.
- Steg #7 – After entering the DNS servers, Tryck på “Okej,” then disconnect and reconnect to your Wi-Fi network.
You can also change the router’s DNS settings by opening the router dashboard. Unless you’re familiar with the router’s control panel, make sure you use it’s manual while doing this. It might seem too technical to do this but don’t worry; det ’ s inte!
7. Disable Your Proxy Server
Using a proxy server, similar to a VPN, is ideal when you connect to a public network. You can prevent your personal data from hackers and generally protect yourself online. Since these change how your device connects to the internet, it could interfere and cause ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE.
Not to worry – if you’re on a Windows laptop then here’s how you can temporarily disable your proxy server.
- Steg #1 – On your keyboard press the Windows Key and “R” samtidigt.
- Steg #2 – Typ “inetcpl.Cpl” in i rutan och klicka på “Okej” to run the command.
- Steg #3 – Your internet properties will now appear. Klicka på den “Connections” tab and then click “LAN settings.”
- Steg #4 – Under den “Proxy server” rubrik, you’ll see the proxy’s settings. Uncheck the “Use a proxy server for your LAN” rutan och klicka på “OK.”
If doing this removes the error and allows you to access the website with ease, great. Å andra sidan, if you aren’t using a proxy server, try enabling it instead.
8. Clear Google Chrome DNS Cache
We showed you how to flush your computer’s DNS cache, but you can also try flushing Chrome’s DNS cache.
- Steg #1 – Launch Google Chrome and in the address bar, Ange “chrome://net-internals/#dns”.
- Steg #2 – Bredvid “Host resolver cache,” Klicka på knappen “Clear host cache.”
- Steg #3 – Try visiting the website again.
This wipes your browser’s DNS cache and will hopefully clear some of the problems you had.
9. Restart Your Computer’s DNS Client
Sticking to the theme of troublesome DNS, restarting your computer’s DNS client may do the trick.
- Steg #1 – Simultaneously press the Windows Key and “R.”
- Steg #2 – Typ “Services.msc” in i rutan och klicka på “OK.”
- Steg #3 – On the list of “Tjänster,” scroll down and select the DNS Client.
- Steg #4 – Right-click on this service and click “Restart.”
If your computer didn’t boot properly, then this could cause the DNS client to have issues too. Så, if this caused ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE, a restart will fix it.
10. Reset the TCP/IP to Fix ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE
One of the more technical solutions is to reset the TCP/IP. Doing this will involve the Command Prompt and a few commands you’re probably unfamiliar with.
Steg #1 – Using the search bar, typ “CMD” and right-click on “Kommandotolken,” then select “Run as Administrator.”
Steg #2 – Now enter the following commands, in the respective order.
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /all
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /renew
- netsh int ip set dns
- netsh Winsock reset
Steg #3 – Restart your computer to complete the TCP/IP reset and then check if the error is gone.
Doing this requires a little extra effort than the other solutions. Ändå, you might find that the effort pays off and ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE resolves itself.
11. Disable Chrome’s DNS Prediction
Among Google Chrome’s intricate of settings is DNS prediction. This feature, i synnerhet, is used to enhance page loading speed. Men, it may also be causing the loading error you see.
- Steg #1 – Launch Google Chrome, click on the menu icon at the top-right, och välj “Inställningar.”
- Steg #2 – Scroll down and click on “Advanced Settings.”
- Steg #3 – Below “Privacy and Security,” disable the setting “Preload pages for faster browsing and searching.”
Although this built-in feature is meant to support your browsing, it has proven to be a problem for some users.
12. Switch Your ISP
This is obviously just a last resort solution. If you encounter ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE frequently and it’s not just limited to your computer, and you’ve tried endless solutions, you might want to consider switching to another internet provider.
Säker, this might be a hassle to do, but if you constantly have to deal with this error which isn’t a Google Chrome error, device issue, or a simple network problem, then there’s a good chance that your ISP is the cause. Alternativt, you could request them to investigate the connection line for damage or to replace your router.
To Conclude for ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE
There’s no doubt in our minds that after you make your way through each of these solutions, den ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE error will be gone. Although this is a persistent and irritating Google Chrome problem, it’s easily fixed. Förhoppningsvis, you can now access whichever sites you were unable to access before, and Google Chrome runs without any other issues.