Facebook notifications not working is an issue that is discussed widely in various internet forums. Many of the Facebook users become frustrated when the notifications stop showing. Are you among the hundreds of thousands of users who have faced this annoying issue? Do you want a reliable and easy solution to fix the “Facebook notifications not working” issue? If so, you will find this article to be very handy. If you read on, you can see multiple methods to fix this annoying issue.
- Part 1. How to Turn On Facebook Notifications on iPhone/Android/Huawei Phones
- Part 2. Clear the Cache of the installed Facebook App (Applicable for Android devices only)
- Part 3. Restart the Facebook app to resolve “Facebook notifications not working” issue
- Part 4. Reinstall Facebook
- Part 5. Perform a software update
- Part 6. Use dr.fone iOS Repair to rectify the iOS-related issues
- Part 7. Need to Spy on someone’s Facebook account? Use Spyzie!
01. Turning on Facebook Notifications on an Android or an iOS device
In many of the cases, “Facebook notifications not working” can be fixed simply by turning on the notification feature. Here’s how to do it.
For Android devices
- Go to Settings and select Applications
- Select Application Manager
- Then, select Notification found in Facebook
- Switch on the notifications on the Facebook app
For iOS devices
- Tap on the Settings app
- Then, go to Notifications and locate the Facebook app
- Turn on “Allow Notifications”
02. Fix Facebook notifications now working issue on EMUI
A considerable number of Huawei smart devices quite often fail to show various notifications. However, this issue can affect all the notifications instead of making an impact on Facebook notifications only. Some of the older EMUI versions have really stingy restrictions solely to save the battery of the phone. Those older EMUI versions permitted notifications to appear only if the user makes them a priority task. Well, if you’re using a Huawei smartphone and experience “Facebook notifications not working” issue, here’s how to fix it.
Here’s how to do it.
- Go to Settings and select Advanced Settings. Then, tap on the Battery Manager and select Protected Apps. You can now find that Facebook and Facebook Messenger. Just add those two apps to the protected list. This process will make sure that EMUI will not cut background data for Facebook apps to save battery.
- Then, Go to Settings, Apps and Advanced option. Go to the option called Ignore battery optimizations. Now, you can perform a search for the Facebook app. Now, you can repeat the same process with Facebook Messenger as well. At this stage, you shouldn’t worry about the notification called “Ignore”. At this stage, “Ignoring” will just let the respective app run without any limitation from the battery.
- Go to the Settings app once again and approach the Notification Panel & Status Bar. Then, tap on Notification center and locate the Facebook app. You should activate the option “Allow Notifications and Priority Display”. You can repeat the process from the beginning with Facebook Messenger App as well.
That’s it. Now, the notifications must appear on your Huawei smartphone. Also, find out how to fix iPhone notifications not working, iPhone reminders not working with ease and why do I get an Instagram screenshot notification.
Sometimes, the cache of the Facebook app can be filled and make it give some annoying issues. In fact, it can lead to a situation in which “Facebook notifications not working”. To resolve this issue, you have to clear the cache. In fact, clearing cache of the app on a regular basis is a good practice if you expect optimized functionality. Here’s how to do it.
- Go to the Settings app on the Android device that experiences “Facebook notifications not working” issue.
- Go to the Applications and then select Application Manager.
- Now, tap on “Facebook” from the list of apps.
- Select the option labeled Storage and select Clear Cache.
If you are lucky enough, just a restarting will help you get out some of the minor issues. This is a very easy task to perform, and therefore, it doesn’t hurt to give it a try. This method can be applied on both Android and iOS devices.
For iOS devices (iPhone XS, XR, X, 8 and 8)
Tap on the Volume Up. Then, tap Volume Down button. After that, press and hold the Power Button of the device for a couple of seconds to see the Apple Logo.
For iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
Press hand hold Volume Down and Power Key simultaneously will do the trick.
For Android devices
Here’s how to restart an Android device. Before restarting the device, however, you should force stop the Facebook app.
Go to the Settings and select Applications. Then, go to the option called Application Manager.
Select Facebook and tap on Force Stop.
Then, turn off the Android device and restart it.
If none of the above options doesn’t work, and “Facebook notifications not working” issue persists, try reinstalling Facebook.
If you use an iPhone, you should perform a long press on Facebook’s app icon on the screen. Then, you should tap on the option labeled Delete.
If you are an Android user, you can use a long press to start the process. After a long press on the Facebook app, you can drag the App icon into the recycle bin. In newer versions, you will see the uninstall version after a long press on the app.
You can download the Facebook app from App Store or Play Store for iPhones and Androids respectively.
If “Facebook notifications not working” issue still bothers you, there is one last option you can try. That is, to perform a software update on your device. Sometimes, the Facebook app you have recently downloaded may have compatibility issues with your device’s OS version. To overcome this, you should perform an OS update.
If you have an iOS device;
- Go to the Settings app and tap General. You can then, select Software Update option and check if there is an update.
- If you find that there is an update, you should download and install it on the device.
For Android devices
- Go to the Settings option and locate About Device. Then, select the option called Download Updates Manually.
- Select the option “Install Now” if it is prompted.
If you are using an iPhone and your phone starts give some issues, you can use dr.fone – iOS Repair. This respective tool is capable of addressing a large range of issues pertaining to all the iOS devices. You can use this tool to check if it can address “Facebook notifications not working” issue too. Apart from that, this tool is designed to be compatible with all the iOS devices.
Features associated with dr.fone iOS Repair
Here are some of the most notable features associated with the dr.fone iOS Repair tool.
- It is compatible with all the iOS devices and iOS versions available today
- dr.fone iOS repair can address a large range of issues like iPhone stuck in headphone mode, iPhone won’t restore’, iPhone Error 4013, iPhone 6 boot loop or iPhone visual voicemail not working
- It is capable of resolving the white screen of death
- Error 9 upon upgrading the device
- It can rectify the iPhone stuck in recovery mode issue, and iPhone stuck in Apple Logo
- Fix errors like 4013, 14, 56
- dr.fone iOS Repair can recover data from broken iOS devices
- It repairs iPhone issues without affecting existing data
- You can use it to recover data in recovery mode
Now you know that dr.fone iOS Repair can fix pretty much all the issues related to iPhones. So, it is basically a must-have tool for any iPhone user.
If you need to keep a track on someone’s Facebook account, you will need a smart hacking tool. Although there are plenty of tools to hack Facebook, very few of them actually work. That is exactly when software like Spyzie can become handy.
Here are some of the most notable features associated with Spyzie
- It allows for monitoring any Facebook account’s activities remotely
- Spyzie runs on stealth mode in the target device. This best SnapSpy alternative can hack Gmail password, hack Facebook password or hack an Instagram account and password
- Spyzie works on both Android and iOS devices
- It has a very strong keylogger feature to record all the keystrokes typed in the target device
- It doesn’t require you to root or jailbreak Android or iOS devices respectively to be installed
- Spyzie comes with a convenient user interface that can be used even by a novice user
Well, that is how to fix the “Facebook notifications not working” issue. You may try any or all of the options depending on the model of the phone you are using. Also, click to know more about Instagram screenshot notifications.