Resetting the iPhone is likely to lose all your data which is saved on the iPhone, especially you want to do a hard reset. However, there are many situations that you have to do this process and it seems to be the only way to make your phone back to normal. Here, I will show you some summarized scenarios as shown below.
- 1. Maybe, your iPhone is frozen and you wonder how to make it back to the normal mode.
- 2. Assuming that some or all of the iPhone functions work abnormally, and you want to fix this problem.
- 3. Or you are aware of that your iPhone may or has been infected with the virus.
- 4. You would like to sell the iPhone to someone others and should erase all the data before you hand it over.
- 5. For some situation, you just want to give your iPhone a fresh, so you choose to completely wipe it.
Luckily, you have two methods to hard reset your iPhone. Before you do this process, it is more important to create back up files. You must know clearly that hard reset will lead to total data loss. If you have backup files, you can easily restore them.
The second thing you should do is to remove the SD cards and iPhone SIM card from your phone. It is the way to prevent data from damaging in both SD and SIM cards.
After all these are down, let me show you the ways to hard reset an iPhone without the help of computer.
With using the Power and Home buttons to hard reset an iPhone
If the Power and Home buttons on your phone still works normally and is accessible, you can use this method. It seems to be the easiest way to do the hard reset without any special passcode or computer programs.
Step 1: Click and hold on both the Home Button which places at the bottom and the Sleep/ Wake Button, which places at the top on your iPhone.
Step 2: Keeping holding until iPhone turns off and begins the restart process. Once you see the Apple Logo show up on the screen, it means that the hard reset is finished successfully.
With using the Menu to hard reset an iPhone
If you keep your passcode in mind, this is also a wonderful way to reset the iPhone.
Step 1: According to this path: Settings > General> Reset and then choose “Erase All Contents and Settings”.
Step 2: You will be asked to make sure whether you want to recover iPhone to its factory settings or not. Press on OK button to confirm and take the steps as shown below to reset your iPhone.
As described above, even you don’t remember the passcode, the resetting is also easy for you.
Here are some tips that you should remember before you do this process.
- 1. You must know clearly that hard reset will lead to total data loss before doing a hard reset.
- 2. Create backup files before you do this process. You can make the backup with the help of Tunes or iCloud. It will help you get back all the data which is lost during the process.
- 3. Before you do the hard reset, remember to remove the SD card and the SIM card. In this way, it can prevent the data which is saved on these cards from damaging during the hard reset process.