Waarom moeten We weten How to Change AT&T WiFi wachtwoord
Bent u een U-vers-gebruiker? Meer in het bijzonder, bent u een AT&T U-vers gebruiker? Als dat zo is, uw router mogelijk een Gateway 2Wire of een standaard. Ongeacht wat de router hebt, u zou kunnen willen veranderen van uw WiFi-wachtwoord als een veiligheidsmaatregel. Hebt u een sterke WiFi-wachtwoord, that’s a smart move to keep hackers away from your WiFi network. Met dat gezegd, do you know how to change AT&T WiFi password? Zoniet, you can read this article until the end and learn how to do it easily.
When it comes to the 2Wire Gateway router, it comes with a web interface. This respective web interface can be accessed through a web browser as you would normally do with any router. Once logged into this interface, you can change the configurations of the router. Bijvoorbeeld, it allows you to change SSID, wachtwoord, encryption type, channels, and all the other settings. One of the most appreciable things associated with this 2Wire Gateway is that it comes with pre-enabled WiFi encryption. In dat geval, you don’t have to worry about WiFi encryption. When it comes to newer router modems, they come with WPA2 encryption. Echter, the older routers come with WPA, and you will have to change it to WPA2. As you might be already aware of, WPA2 is a lot securer compared to WPA.
In bepaalde gevallen, it is reported that some AT&T installers ask users to keep WiFi passwords unchanged. It is also said that those installers tell users to keep the network name unchanged. Zoals ze zeggen, if you change the password or network name, the connection would slow down. Echter, the truth is that a password change or network change might not cause such impact on the speed. No matter what the password or the network name is, the connection speed will remain the same. Echter, there can be other aspects that might affect the speed (but again, not the password or the name). Eigenlijk, the installers instruct users to leave the passwords untouched so the users won’t log into the admin page. Some users log into admin page and play wildly, en als gevolg daarvan, the configurations will be messed up. Goed, we strongly instruct our readers to prevent from messing around with the settings of the admin page. If you follow the instructions properly, nothing bad will happen. If you just need to know how to change AT&T WiFi password, just stick to the instructions we emphasize.
Before we start the process, we suggest you get familiar with the reset button of the router. This button is located on the rear side of the router device. Getting familiar with the router can become handy if you – by any chance – make a mistake with the settings.
How to change AT&T WiFi password; the steps
In de meeste gevallen, any user would opt to change the WiFi password on the router at first. This would be done soon after they are getting connected to the router page. Eigenlijk, this is the case with all the routers no matter what the brand or the model is.
In het algemeen, any person who has access to the internet would know the default password of the router. Any hacker who needs to hack a nearby router would surely try the default password before other tricks. Daarom, changing the default password and the network name is a mandatory step for any user.
Met dat gezegd, let’s take a look at the steps you should follow in order to change WiFi password.
- Allereerst, you should have a look at the side of the router where there’s a sticker. This sticker has details like the IP address of the respective device and Device Access Code. Bijvoorbeeld, it may come in the format of . XXX should be replaced by a specific number.
- Nu, get your computer connected to the same router if you haven’t done it already.
- You should now enter the aforesaid IP address in a browser of your preference.
- Provide with the Device Access Code when it prompts.
- Now you should go to LAN and WiFi option.
- Select User Network option, and then you can change the WiFi password of the router as indicated.
- Once the password is changed, you should select the Save option. This option is located at the bottom of the page (right side).
- Nu, you will be able to use this new password to connect the devices with the network. The devices that are already connected to the network through WiFi will be signed off automatically. You will then have to use the new password in order to connect back.
Bovendien, for people who want to know How to See Wi-Fi Password on Android gemakkelijk, Dit is alleen voor jou.
How to Change SSID on 2Wire Gateway
When it comes to AT&T 2Wire Gateway, its default SSID is 2WIRE(XXX). XXX should be replaced by the last three digits of your router’s serial number, and the brackets aren’t there. Dus, it is obvious that every modem has a different serial number and therefore, the SSID is different. Echter, when there’s a large number of AT&T routers in a single place, things can be pretty difficult. In een dergelijk geval, network identification will be a nightmare. Daarom, it is wiser to change the SSID to an easy-to-identify name. Hieronder zijn de stappen om dat te doen.
- Use a browser of your preference and log into the 2Wire Gateway router. You can type in in the address bar to do this.
- Select the option LAN and WiFi.
- Go to the Network name that you need to change (SSID).
- Change the default name into another name you prefer.
- Once the name is changed, you should save it by clicking on the “Opslaan” knop.
As a result of changing the SSID, you will experience a small benefit in the context of security. That means the potential hackers might not be able to recognize the router model you are using. Niettemin, this option becomes handy particularly when there’s more than one router. In order to make it more efficient, you should use a memorable name to you. Echter, the name also should be unidentifiable for outsiders. Bijvoorbeeld, the SSID shouldn’t comprise of your name or apartment number. In plaats daarvan, you should use something complex or irrelevant to your identity.
Activate WPA2 Security on your router
This is the final configuration change you will have to use on your router. That is to apply the latest encryption on your AT&T router. Eigenlijk, zoals eerder vermeld, newer router models come with WPA2 encryption. This is enabled as the default encryption model. Eigenlijk, this is a benefit associated with AT&T routers. Aan de andere kant, older router models come with WPA encryption. This specific encryption is significantly weaker compared to WPA2 mode. Dus, in order to ensure better security on your older router, just enable WPA2 security.
Mentioned below are the steps you should take in order to activate WPA2 encryption on the router.
- Choose a browser of your preference and then go to . This option will take you to the router page.
- From all the other available options, just select LAN and WiFi.
- Scroll and locate the option User Network and then find the option Authentication Type.
- Make sure that it is WPA2. If it is not already, you should get it changed into WPA2.
You should also know that AT&T (and other leading vendors) come with WPA2-PSK (AES) encryption. This is the standard when it comes to WiFi security as of today. This encryption mode will keep your WiFi network secured for now. Sooner or later, WPA3 will replace this encryption, en dan kunt u nog betere veiligheid ervaren op uw router. Na het veranderen van de encryptie-modus, u don ’ t wilt aanbrengen van wijzigingen in het wachtwoord. Ook, u don ’ t wilt wijzigen van een andere configuraties op de pagina router. De apparaten die al is verbonden met de respectieve WiFi-netwerk zal automatisch detecteren van de codering en zich aanpassen.
Goed, dat is precies how to change AT&T WiFi password for good and make it a securer network. Naast het wijzigen van het wachtwoord, Wij stellen voor dat u de codering modus en de SSID om veiligheidsredenen wijzigen. Last but not least, We raden onze lezers te voorkomen dat andere configuraties op de pagina router wijzigen.