How to Charge iPhone Without Charger?
There was a time when it was a compulsory prerequisite to have a charger to charge an iPhone. Presently, there are ways to charge your iPhone even if you have forgotten, lost, or broken the charger. If you still wonder how to charge your iPhone without a charger, read this article on. We explain multiple ways to charge your iPhone without the assistance of its charger.
As per the general practice, you look for the original charger when your iPhone battery has drained completely. The usual way to charge an iPhone is to charge it using the provided adapter and the lighting cable. When the charter is connected to the power socket and your iPhone, the iPhone displays a flash icon. This icon appears next to the battery icon. That is an indication of your iPhone is charging.
However, as an ordinary user, there are instances in which you don’t have access to your charger. For example, think about a day you have left your charger at the office, and your iPhone’s battery is empty. In that case, you will have to find a way to charge your iPhone without a charger. Haven’t you still faced such issue so far? Good! But it would always be handy to know how to charge your iPhone without a charger, as a preparation. With that said, let’s see how to do it in the real world.
01. Use the computer (or a laptop)
Although this is a convenient method, you can do it only if you have access to a USB cable. If you have a USB cable but no access to a power socket, plug the iPhone to your computer. In fact, this is a no brainer for most of the user, so we don’t explain it anymore.
02. Make use of a portable power bank (portable battery)
Thanks to the advancements of the technology, power banks (portable batteries) have become commonplace these days. There is no shortage of models to select depending on your budget. But before you buy a portable battery pack, read the specifications well (particularly its output voltage). Once you have access to a portable battery, here’s what you should do.
- Get your USB cable and connect the portable battery pack with the iPhone.
- Turn the battery pack on and check if the charging happens as usual.
There are some battery packs that can be attached to the iPhone (they add more weight to the iPhone though). Obviously, these battery packs, regardless of the design, should be recharged when they are drained out.
03. How to Charge iPhone Without Charger – Use the car charger
If there is a car charger, you can use it to charge your iPhone through it. This is a handy approach, particularly during emergencies. Of course, it might be somewhat slower compared to the normal charging process you do with the original charger. However, getting your iPhone fueled up at least by some amount would be priceless on certain occasions.
In order to use this method, just connect the iPhone and the car charger using the USB cable.
04. Use another device that has a USB port
If you don’t have access to a computer, car charger, or a portable battery, there is another way. To do this, you should find another device with a USB port. However, to get this done, you obviously need a USB cable.
Just connect your iPhone with the other device using the USB cable so the iPhone will start to charge. Some of the devices you can use for this purpose are bedside clocks, smart TVs, etc.
05. How to Charge iPhone Without Charger – Charge with a wind turbine
Using a wind turbine is another possible option if you wonder how to charge your iPhone without a charger. There are small wind turbines available in the market. You can purchase one of those turbines and charge your iPhone.
- First of all, you should read the product instructions and connect the iPhone with a turbine.
- Then, you should take the device outdoors. If there is enough wind, your device will get fueled up within a couple of hours.
06. Charge the iPhone with solar energy
This can be one of the greenest ways to charge a device (just like the previous one). This method helps you to charge your iPhone using the sun. Just get your iPhone connected to the solar charger and charge it. It’s that simple.
07. How to Charge iPhone Without Charger – Use a hand-crank generator
Another option you can try is a hand-crank generator. This option allows you to charge your iOS device simply by using the muscles. In a way, it will enable you to get some exercises as well. After purchasing a hand-crank machine, just follow the steps below.
- First, read the instructions provided by the manufacturer. Crank the machine and get enough power in it.
- Now, plug the iPhone in and crank up the device. Continue to crank until the device charges fully (for about 3 hours).
08. Make use of a campfire charger
Some of the modern-day camping pots and pans come with chargers. These chargers get charged by absorbing the heat from the campfire you make. To make energy out of the fire, you should set the respective pot or the pan on the fire. Then, you should connect it with the iPhone.
09. Get the assistance of AA batteries
Consider using AA batteries to get your device charged. In general, AA batteries are easy to find. To charge your iPhone, however, you need 4 X AA batteries. 4 AA batteries can generate just the right amount of power to charge your iPhone. To put them together, you need a battery holder as well.
10. How to Charge iPhone Without a Charger – Create a lemon battery
Well, now we are going to make use of some science. This is going to be an exciting but complicated process. If you are a DIYer, you will love this for sure. As per this method, we are going to make a battery using a fruit. Yes, we are talking about real fruit which you can eat. To do this, however, you still need a charger cable.
Important: Please consider this method as the last resort as it can damage your battery. So, we recommend using this method when and only when you are in a real emergency.
Mentioned below is how to charge your iPhone without a charger.
Find some acidic fruits (particularly citrus fruits like lemons). You also need a copper screw for each fruit. In addition to that, find a zinc nail for each fruit. An insulated copper wire is required to connect the fruits. It is also better to have a pair of rubber gloves as well.
Below are the steps to make your DIY battery out of fruits.
- First, fix a zinc nail into a lemon. Make sure that a small portion of the nail is left outside so you can connect the wire.
- Then, insert the copper screw into the lemon. The place is pretty closer to the zinc nail already inserted but don’t let those two come into contact. Now, repeat this process with all the lemons.
- Connect the lemons together using the insulated wire. You should first connect a copper piece of one lemon with the zinc screw of the nearby lemon. Go on like that until all the lemons are connected.
- Cut the USB charging cable and expose the wires. Connect those wires with the end of the insulated wire that links lemons together.
- Now, connect the USB cable with the iPhone as you would normally do. Remember that each fruit can provide about 0.5V, so you need about ten fruits to gain enough power.
Bonus Tip: What can you do if you have lost data from iPhone by any chance?
In certain cases, you will lose the data stored in your device due to various reasons. For instance, you might accidentally delete the files or reset the device. If you have lost data somehow, what can you do? Luckily, there is a software tool called iMyFone D-Back to get you out of such situations successfully.
Why is it possible to recover lost data?
Although the files stored in your iPhone are deleted, they don’t permanently get disappeared (at least for some time). iPhones save data utilizing a special methodology called SQLite. As per this technology, the deleted files just change their location instead of disappearing. In other words, the files you save are stored in ‘Allocated’ location. When you delete a file, it’s location will be changed into ‘Unlocated.’ However, technically, this is not deletion. If you save a new file, it will be saved as an ‘Unallocated’ file. So, the existing ‘Unallocated’ data will be overwritten. A powerful tool like iMyFone D-Back can gain access SQLite database and recover files in the unallocated space.
How to recover lost data using iMyFone D-Back
If you wonder how to recover data using iMyFone D-Back, here’s how to do it.
- Download iMyFone D-Back and get it installed on your computer. Then, open the program and go to the option called ‘Recover from the iOS device.‘ Then, click on ‘Start‘ option as well.
- Connect the iOS device to the same computer. Once the device is detected, just click on ‘Next.’
- Define what sort of data you intend to recover. Then, hit the button labeled ‘Scan.’
- At the completion of the scan, a list of available data will be displayed. Select ‘Show Only Deleted Files‘ to recover only the deleted files. Then, hit the ‘Recover‘ button to complete the process. Now, the recovered files will be saved in your computer.
Please note that iMyFone D-Back helps to recover data through iTunes or iCloud backups as well. When you don’t want to get the files recovered from the device, this option would be handy. Also, iMyFone D-Back can recover data selectively and preview data before recovering. Such a feature ensures that you recover only the files that are wanted.