To obtain access to a router’s web setup page, there is a requirement of the router IP address. In case you do not remember the address, you will be unable to get access to the configuration page. However, you do not need to panic if you forget the IP address. We have found different ways to find router IP on various platforms.
In the whole networking world, the default getaway is the Internet Protocol (IP) address whose traffic is transmitted to whenever it is bound for a place other than the current network. Almost every small business and house networks have a single router and multiple connected devices. In those Router’s, the default getaway is the private Internet Protocol (IP) address. Every device on your specific network transmits traffic to that Internet Protocol (IP) address by default. The Windows device refers to as the ‘default gateway.’ However, iPhones, Macs, and iPads prefer to name it as ‘router.’ The router IP address is essential as you will be needed to write it in the browser to get access to the Router’s web setup page to configure the settings.
After reading this article, you will no more look for answers to ‘How to find router IP address?‘. By the way, should you have issue with ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE on Google Chrome, click to fix it now.
So, what are we waiting for? Let’s get started. Also, here is How to find WiFi password on iPhone for you too.
- Part 1: What is an IP address?
- Part 2: How to find router IP on Windows?
- Part 3: How to find router IP on MAC Operating System (OS)?
- Part 4: How to find router IP on any iOS device?
- Part 5: How to find router IP on the Android device?
- Part 6: How to find router IP in the Chrome Operating System (OS)?
- Part 7: How to find router IP in Linux?
Many people are unaware of the meaning of an IP address. Well, it is not a big deal. In case you wish to know, then we are here to guide you.
An IP address is a network address for the PC to tell the Internet about where to transmit the data, pictures, and emails. The Internet Protocol address is a computer tech product that is created to permit one connected PC to have a communication with a different device via the Internet.
The IP address permits the location to be identified of multiple digital devices, which are linked to the Internet. Just like, everybody has a unique email address to communicate with others. In the same way, every PC needs an IP address to have communication with the PC. All the sites have a different IP address. A common kind of IP address includes four numbers, where every number has 1 to 3 digits along with a (.) to separate every number or a set of digits. The four numbers can be from 0 to 255.
So, we think that now you are well acquainted with the IP protocol.
Finding the router IP on Windows is easy. We have listed two solutions in this part. You can select the one that suits you.
1. Tap on the Start button, write CMD, pick Command Prompt.
2. As soon as a fresh window opens, write ipconfig and click on Enter.
3. The IP address will be written beside the Default Gateway.
The steps are quite easy and effective. You can try this solution to see if you can find the router IP. However, if it doesn’t work for you, then move to the next solution.
1. Tap on Network icon.
2. Right-click on the same icon.
3. Click on the ‘Open network and sharing center‘ option.
4. Tap on a link, which is placed beside Connections.
5. Tap on the ‘Details‘ option.
6. The IP address will be seen beside the IPv4 default gateway.
So, you can pick any solution to solve ‘How to find router IP on Windows’ problem? Hopefully, both these solutions will assist you in finding the router IP. If they don’t, then take the help of an expert.
In order to search for answers to find the router IP on MAC, we have listed two solutions. So, you can pick the one that you think is easy.
1. Head to the Utilities option and click on Terminal.
2. As soon as the screen opens, write ‘netstat-nr |grep default.’
3. The IP address will present beside default.
So, this was the first solution to find the router IP. If it helps, then well for you. However, if this solution doesn’t help you, then go ahead and try the second one.
1. Click on the System Preferences option from the menu of Apple.
2. Now, tap on the Network Preferences option.
3. Select Wi-Fi.
4. Now, click on the ‘Advanced‘ option, followed by TCP/IP.
5. You will notice the router IP beside ‘Router.’
We hope that you are clear about the steps of this particular solution. The steps are not too difficult to follow. You need to follow them in the correct sequence to see what works for you.
It is quite easy to find router IP on iOS. Just follow the steps to know how to do it.
- 1. Head to the Settings application.
- 2. Click on the Wi-Fi option.
- 3. Now, tap on (i) icon beside the desired network.
- 4. The address can be seen beside the Router.
If you own an iOS device, these steps will help you in finding the router IP address quickly. You don’t need to possess any expertise in technical knowledge to follow the steps written above.
Here’s how to find router IP on Android? Follow the steps properly to execute the process.
- 1. Head to the Settings application.
- 2. Click on Wi-Fi.
- 3. Select the desired network.
- 4. You will notice some information regarding signal strength, status, security, link speed, and router IP.
Other than this solution, you can take the help of a third-party service, such as Wi-Fi Analyzer. In case you use the Wi-Fi analyzer application, head to the ‘View’ menu and click on the AP list. You will notice a ‘Connected to: [Network Name].’ Just click on it, and you will obtain more information about it in a new window. The router IP will be listed as a ‘Gateway.’
The steps are too easy to follow. Moreover, they are beneficial. You will be able to find the router IP in no time if you take the help of this method.
In case you own a Chromebook, and you wish to look for solutions to ‘How to find router IP?’ then, keep on reading.
In the Chromebook tap on ‘Connected to (Name of the network)’ and then, select the wireless network name that you are connected to. As soon as the network info displays, tap on the ‘Network’ tab to look for the IP address that will be listed as a ‘Gateway.’
All the Chromebook users can go ahead and try this solution to see if they can find the router IP. Hopefully, they will be able to obtain the router IP through this information efficiently.
Many Linux PCs contain a network icon. You can tap on the network icon and click on the Connection Information option. Search the router IP that is displayed beside the Gateway or Default Route.
This is the easiest of all the solutions. Your problem will be solved in a few steps.
Now that you are aware of how to find router IP, you will not face any troubles in the future regarding this. We have tried to cover every device to find the router IP, so hopefully, it will help you. In case you have any queries or doubts, feel free to contact us. Also, if you try any method, then share your experience with us. Thank you for reading the article.