How to Fix “Google Play Services Has Stopped” With Ease
Sometimes, we all come across the errors like Your Device isn’t Compatible with this Version and “Unfortunately, Google Play Services Has Stopped.” If you are struggling with the same error, we have got you covered. We can make out the whole situation when this specific error stops users from downloading applications from Google Play Store.
In addition to this, you cannot even use any application from the Google Play. As you know, Google Play Services keeps all of your applications in absolute control. Definitely, when you come across the error “Google Play Services Has Stopped,” it becomes a really frustrating event.
If you have no idea for why you are facing the error “Google Play Services Has Stopped,” then keep on reading. The main reason behind the error “Google Play Services Has Stopped” is not to update the application “Google Play Services.” However, there are various other reasons behind this irritating problem. You will know about them in the following sections.
So, let’s know about the various fixes to get rid of the error “Google Play Services Has Stopped” without further delay.
The perfect way to get rid of the error “Google Play Services Has Stopped” is to flash a new firmware. For performing this task, you need a great tool like dr.fone – Repair (Android). It carries this task perfectly and wipes off the popup “Google Play Services Has Stopped” permanently.
Not just that, but this tool also helps you out when you come across other Android system issues. The amazing part is that you do not require any technical knowledge to use this tool. Now, let’s have a look at its incredible features below!
Unique characteristics of dr.fone – Repair (Android)
- This tool offers a one-click repair to fix Android.Process.Acore Has Stopped, “Google Play Services Has Stopped.”
- dr.fone – Repair promises technical support and full security at all times.
- There is no threat of any virus inflection and malfunction while downloading the application.
- It is an all-in-one tool with having so many functionalities.
Steps to get rid of the error “Google Play Services Has Stopped”:
To resolve the error “Google Play Services Has Stopped” using dr.fone – Repair (Android), go through the instructions as follows:
Step 1: Download dr.fone – Repair
In the first place, you need to download and install the dr.fone toolkit. After that, launch the same on your system and select “Repair” from the main interface.
Step 2: Pair up your device
Next, you have to connect your device to the system using a genuine USB cable. After a successful connection, tap on the option “Android Repair.”
Step 3: Enter some details
Now, you need to provide some details about your device like the brand name, the model, and others. After verifying the information, you need to tap on the “Next” tab.
Step 4: Enter the “Download” mode
In the next window, you have to enter “000000” for the final confirmation. To put your device on the “Download” mode, you have to go through the instructions present on the screen.
Step 5: Fix the issue
Lastly, you have to click “Next,” and the download of firmware will start. Meanwhile, dr-fone – Repair will look for issues on your device and fix them efficiently. Now, you will no longer face the error “Google Play Services Has Stopped” on your Android device.
Here, take a look at the 12 common fixes to get rid of the error “Google Play Services Has Stopped” on Android devices.
1. Try to update the services
The very first behind the error “Google Play Services Has Stopped” could be the outmoded version of Google Play Services. Thus, we recommend you to update your application in the very first place. After that, check if the same problem still persists. To update the application, follow the instructions as listed below:
- Navigate to “Google Play Services”
- Click on the menu, or three lines present horizontally there
- Under the menu, click on the option “My apps and games.”
- Here, you can see all the installed applications of your device. Search for the app “Google Play Services” and click on the same
- Tap on “UPDATE” and wait for it
After a successful update, users need to check if the popup “Google Play Services Has Stopped” still shows up or not. If it does, move to the next fix.
2. Remove cache from Google Play
As stated earlier, Google Play Services control all the Google Play applications. This means that Google Play Services serve as a framework for all applications. So, try to clear out the cache from Google Play Services. If the application has gone unbalanced like other applications, this will help. Therefore, it will resolve the error effectively. Follow some simple steps to clear off cache:
- Navigate to “Settings” on your device and click “Applications.”
- From there, keep scrolling down to find the app “Google Play Services.”
- Tap on the app and look for the button “Clear Cache.”
- After clicking on it, all the cache will be removed for the app
3. Remove cache from Framework
To resolve the error, you can even try removing the cache from Google Services Framework. This Framework is accountable for storing all the information and managing your device to sync with the Google servers. Often, the application could not connect to the servers and thus, results in the error “Google Play Services Has Stopped.”
Thus, it is best to clear the cache from Google Services Framework to settle things. To clear this cache, you need to follow the same instructions as before.
- Navigate to “Settings” and then, “Applications.”
- After that, click on the app “Google Services Framework.”
- Lastly, tap on the tab “Clear Cache.”
Check again for the error after performing these steps. If it still shows up, go to the next fix to get rid of this annoying error.
4. Clear the Download Manager cache
After clearing out the cache from Google Service Framework and Google Play Services, you can try the same for “Download Manager.” In order to do so, go through the instructions as given below:
- Visit “Settings,” and then, locate “Applications.”
- After that, tap on the tab “Download Manager.”
- Next, you need to select the button “Clear Cache.”
5. Examine the internet connection
If the above-mentioned fixes did not work for you, make sure you have an active internet connection. To use Google Play Services, users need a stable connection. The error “Google Play Services Has Stopped” could be due to the bad Wi-Fi speed or slow data connection.
Here, you can try to switch off the Wi-Fi router and turn the same back on. You can even try to disable the Wi-Fi tab on your Android device. After that, enable the tab once again.
6. Update the device firmware
If you are still struggling with the error “Google Play Services Has Stopped,” you need to update the device firmware. An update is really helpful in resolving several irritating bugs. Most of the time, it even brings things back to normal. To perform this, go through the instructions as follows:
- Open “Settings” and search for “About Phone.”
- After that, click on the tab “System Updates.”
- Now, the device will start to look up for any update
- If it finds one, follow the prompts
7. Restart the device
As you know, restarting or normal rebooting your Android device seem fruitful when you come across common system-related issues. After turning the device off, the background operations on your device will stop functioning. Once started back, your device will run quite smoothly. So, give your Android device a restart to resolve the error “Google Play Services Has Stopped.”
8. Uninstall the updates
It is another method to fix the error “Google Play Services Has Stopped.” Here, you cannot uninstall the Google Play app but updates. To uninstall the app, you need to follow the steps listed below:
- In the first place, you have to disable the “Android Device Manager” app.
- Once done, visit “Settings” and then, “Applications.”
- After that, look for “Google Play Services.”
- Lastly, you need to select the tab “Uninstall Updates.”
After uninstalling the updates for Google Play Services, you can reinstall the update. For this, you need to follow the steps mentioned in the first method of Part 3 in this article.
9. Disable the services
Another interesting way to resolve the error “Google Play Services Has Stopped” is to disable the app. When you perform this task, applications like Play Store and Gmail stop working. As you know, we cannot remove the app “Google Play Services” from Android devices unless we have root access. Thus, we can disable this app temporarily.
By doing so, you can remove the error but cannot resolve it completely. To do so, follow the steps as given below:
- Visit “Settings” and click on “Applications.”
- Select “Google Play Services” from there
- After that, tap on the button “Disable.”
In case, users could not click on the option “Disable,” you need to disable “Android Device Manager” in the first place. For this, go to “Settings” and then, “Security.” After that, “Device Administrators” and lastly, click on “Android Device Manager” to disable it.
10. Eject the SD card
Another way to fix the error “Google Play Services Has Stopped” is to re-insert the SD card after ejecting it. You can try out this method to see whether it is helpful or not for resolving this annoying error.
11. Wipe off the device cache
As stated above, Google Play Services control all the other applications. If there is an issue with an app, it can result in the error “Google Play Services Has Stopped.” Therefore, getting rid of the cache for all applications can be helpful. For this, you need to put the device in the mode “Recovery.” So, follow the simple steps listed below:
- Press and hold the button “Power” and switch off the device
- After that, begin to press keys “Volume Up” and “Power” simultaneously
- Keep on pressing until you see the boot-up screen
- Next, you will enter the recovery mode. In order to scroll down and up, take help of the Volume keys
- Choose the option “Wipe Cache Partitions” with the help of “Volume Button” and select the same with the button “Power.”
- Now, your device will restart
Please note that the above-mentioned method will not remove any app from your device. However, it will remove all the temporary files. After the removal of corrupt or broken files, Google Play Services tend to work just fine.
12. Log into Google account again
If you have not got rid of the error, you can try log into your account again. Before that, you need to log out the same. Wait for a while before you log into the same account. Now, examine whether the error “Google Play Services Has Stopped” has been resolved or not.
Now, you know what all you need to do when the error “Google Play Services Has Stopped” popups. Try all the methods one by one to see what works for you the best. If the problem still persists, it is best to go with dr.fone – Repair (Android) to resolve the issue.