We’ve all been there. Accidentally deleting an important piece of data can be soul-crushing and upsetting. Perhaps it was a sentimental text that a close friend sent or family photos; whatever the data is, losing it can be devastating. Don’t give up just yet though – if you’ve lost data then it can be recovered. The specific process that we’ll be detailing is how to recover call recording and to make the experience less stressful; we’ve assembled a guide containing the different solutions that are available. Also, here is the best Samsung voice recorder for you.
It doesn’t matter what the file is or how it was lost; it’s more than likely that it can be recovered. No backup file is needed, and more importantly, all it will take is a few minutes of your day.
Can My Files Be Recovered?
The majority of lost files can be recovered from mobile phones regardless of the situation. However, there is an exception.
When a file is deleted or removed from your smartphone, it isn’t actually gone. It is removed so that you can’t access it and compressed to take up significantly less storage space, but with the right tools, you’re able to get it back.
Following this, you should also be aware that if you continue to use your smartphone after the data was deleted (or corrupted), then the chances of recovery get slimmer. Thus, when you first realize that your call recordings aren’t there, you should immediately stop using the phone.
Reasons for Call Recordings Going Missing
You might be wondering why your call recordings aren’t accessible, especially if it wasn’t a case of accidentally deleting them. As unfortunate as it is, there are numerous reasons for this occurrence.
- Installing third-party apps which access call recordings could result in corruption.
- Factory resetting your Android smartphone and not realizing that your calls will be wiped.
- Having malware or a virus on your device
- Updating the Android version and the device’s battery dying in the process
- Storing your call recordings on an SD card and not realizing that’s where they were stored
- Uninstalling an app and not realizing that it’s app data would be deleted with it
How to Recover Call Recording With Ease
These are just some of the reasons that you might need to recover call recording. But, as we said before, the reason is irrelevant, and we can help you recover the data you lost.
dr.fone – Recover (Android) is capable of recovering data in its original condition. Common file formats such as MP3, WAV, MIDI, and MP4 are all compatible with Dr.Fone, and as such, we think that it’s the best tool to use for this job. Some of the key features are:
- Preview data before you recover it to your Android device.
- Recover deleted videos from Android, retrieve your deleted text messages, recover deleted photos from Android internal storage, Recover data regardless of how it was lost.
- Recover data from broken Android, Extract data from broken smartphones safely.
- Compatible with all of the most popular Android devices.
- Available on both Windows and Mac computers.
- The free trial version available.
By combining all of these features, we’re able to recover call recording successfully. All you have to do is connect your device, follow the steps that are displayed, and before you know it the call recordings will be accessible once again. There’s more: this solution can be used for any Android device. Whether it’s a smartphone or a tablet, dr.fone – Android Recover is the tool for you.
Using dr.fone to Recover Call Recording
If you’ve taken a backup of your Android device recently, then you may be able to access your call recordings by simply restoring that backup. Of course, if you don’t have a backup then Dr.Fone – Recovery is the best option available.
After you have the Android SD card recovery – dr.fone installed on your computer and you’re ready to begin, go ahead and follow the steps below. This takes only a few moments and will help you to recover your call recordings easily.
#1 – Open dr.fone and connect the Android device that you want to recover call recording from.
#2 – Select “Recover” from the main menu and then “Recover Phone Data” from the sidebar.
#3 – USB debugging mode is required for the following steps. If you don’t know how to enter this mode, then follow the steps that are shown.
#4 – You’ll then be prompted to select specific data types that you want to have recovered. For call recordings, you must click on the “Audio” option.
#5 – Click on “Next” to proceed. Two scanning modes will be shown; try “Scan for deleted files” first although if you don’t recover call recording with this, try again using “Scan for all files“.
Note: scanning for deleted files will be faster but keep in mind that it isn’t as thorough.
#6 – After choosing a scan mode, click “Next” and the scan will begin.
#7 – Once the scan is finished simply click on “Audio” and locate the deleted call recordings.
#8 – Select each call recording, click “Recover“, and choose somewhere to save them to on your computer.
That’s all there is to it. Provided that your call recordings weren’t overwritten prior to attempting to recover them, you can use this solution to get them back. If you’ve been storing your call recordings on an SD card instead, we have a guide for that too.
What If My Call Recordings Were on SD Card?
We briefly mentioned at the beginning of the article that some people store data on SD cards. This isn’t unusual, and a lot of people do this to save space on their device’s main storage. If you stored your call recordings on an SD card, then you can use dr.fone to recover call recording from the SD card too. Simply follow the guide below.
#1 – Launch dr.fone and choose the “Recover” feature to begin.
#2 – From the sidebar menu, click on “Recover from SD card“.
#3 – You’ll be prompted to insert your SD card now. You can do this if your computer has a built-in SD card reader or via an external SD card reader.
#4 – When dr.fone – Recover has detected your SD card, click on “Next” to continue.
#5 – Two scanning modes will be shown. Choose “Scan for deleted files” and then press the “Next” button to enable the scanning process.
Note: if you don’t recover call recording by using this mode, try the advanced mode scan. It is more thorough and will take more time, but it guarantees file recovery.
#6 – Depending on the scanning mode it should only take dr.fone a few minutes to scan your device.
#7 – Once the scan is over, click the “Audio” file type and select any of the call recordings that you want to have recovered.
#8 – Lastly, click on “Recover” and choose somewhere on your computer to have them saved too.
A slightly different approach is taken if the call recordings are on your SD card, although it still isn’t a difficult process.
Preventing Your Call Recordings from Being Lost
Sometimes it’s the case that call recordings get lost randomly and through no fault of your own. It can cause a lot of anger when this happens, but we’re happy to say there are some preventions. Below are a few steps that you can take to stop any form of data loss from occurring.
- Backups, Backups, Backups! We’ll keep saying it until you follow our advice. The most effective way of countering data loss is to have a recent backup. All you have to do is restore the backup and just like that; your call recordings are back.
- Don’t Let Children Play With Your Phone. Recently a lot of parents have been letting their children play games on their phone. At the time it might seem like a great way to keep them quiet, but it can quickly backfire if they accidentally delete an important file.
- Take Backups Before Updating. Updating your Android version when prompted is important. These updates contain bug fixes and often security patches too. To ensure your personal data is kept safe, you must update. However, before you update or root your device, take a backup. These processes aren’t flawless, and if something doesn’t go according to plan, your device might be wiped.
None of these things is difficult to do. Whether it’s call recordings or your photos, take these pointers into consideration to minimize any chance of data loss.
Some call recordings contain personal or important information and recovering them is important. A lot of Android users have started setting up automated backups, but this isn’t always enough. dr.fone – Recover (Android) allows you to recover call recording regardless of how they were lost or if you had taken a backup. Furthermore, you can minimize the chances of needing to recover data by following our guidance above – it’s better to be safe than sorry!