The NTFS also called the New Technology File System, which is widely used on the Windows NT computers, including the Windows 2000, Windows X, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and so on. It has made some upgrade on the basis of the FAT and HPFS so that you can get a high-performance and trustworthy system to store the data on the hard drive. All the formats of the data can be stored with the NTFS, and you can also make use of the data with ease. The NTFS also offers larger storage space for its users, compared with its counterparts, which can well meet the demand of the users nowadays.
To know more about the NTFS, you can see the main features of it in the following passages:
- 1. The NTFS use the b-tree, which is a new way for placing and locating the files on the hard drive, and handling better with the data.
- 2. All the information on the files is well protected, in order to make sure that the users can get access to them successfully.
- 3. If you are the server administrator, you can take control of all the files with the help of the ACL, short of the Access Control List.
- 4. You can enlarge the storage space of the NTFS hard drive by compressing the files to make more room for the other files.
- 5. The titles of the files are based on Unicode, and long titles and foreign characters are also supported.
- 6. The data stored on the NTFS hard drive is safe and you don’t need to worry about hacking and leakage of the personal data.
- 7. When you plan to clone the NTFS hard drive, there is another advantage. If the clone is not successful, the NTFS will help you clean all the useless files so that it won’t be a mess on your hard drive.
Although the NTFS hard drive is safe and reliable, it is still of high possibility to lose the data by accident. For example, you simply delete the files because you have mistaken them for some useless files. Or a system crash has happened on your computer, and you have lost some files you still need. And the virus attack will also be one of the reasons why you lose the files accidentally.
If you have lost some important files on your NTFS hard drive, or you just want to know the way to recover the files from your NTFS hard drive, you can use the Recoverit Data Recovery. The Wondershare Data Recovery is a professional tool for recovering the files with four modes. And to find the lost files, you need the fourth mode. Here are some main features of the Wondershare Data Recovery below:
- 1. It offers four modes for recovering the files, recovering data from IDE hard drives, even recovering files from external hard drive not detected.
- 2. It supports most of the file types on the hard drive.
- 3. The interface of it is intuitive and simple.
- 4. You can also recover the data from the other devices as long as you connect them to your computer.
- 5. You can preview and choose the files before recovering them.
Now here is the detailed tutorial telling you how to use the Wondershare Data Recovery for recovering the data on your NTFS hard drive.
Step 1. Download the Wondershare Data Recovery
There are two versions of the Wondershare Data Recovery on the Internet, for both the Windows users and the Mac users. In this time, you need to choose the version for the Windows computer. And then download it on your computer before installation.
Step 2. Launch the Wondershare Data Recovery
Double-clicking on the start icon of the Wondershare Data Recovery on the desktop to launch it.
Step 3. Answer two questions about the recovery
On the primary window, you need to answer two questions about the files that you want to recover. They are as follows:
A. Where did you store the files on?
Simply choose the NTFS hard drive that you used to store the files on. And then click on the “Next” button.
B. What type of the files do you want to recover?
The Wondershare Data Recovery can help you recover many types of files on your NTFS hard drive, including the photos, audios, videos, office documents, Emails and so on. And you can also choose to recover all types. And click on the “Next” button.
Step 4. Preview the files available
Now you can get a list of files that you can recover with the help of the Wondershare Data Recovery. You are allowed to preview all the files there one by one. And choose the specific items that you want to recover.
Step 5. Recover the files selected
After you choose all the items you want, you need to click on the “Recover” button to start to recover them. And you can choose the location for the files on your computer through the newly popping up window. Thus, you can again get access to them with ease.
- 1. It is advisable for you to keep a backup file for all the useful files on your NTFS hard drive, so that you can restore the files right after you lose them with the help of the backup file.
- 2. You should think carefully before you format your NTFS hard drive. All the files will be erased from your NTFS hard drive if you finish the formatting process.
- 3. You need to equip your computer with a safeguard software, in case that there will be someone hacking your computer or there will be virus attack on your computer.
- 4. Download the Recoverit Data Recovery on your computer, so that once you find there are some important files lost on the NTFS hard drive, you can start to recover them soon.