If you’ve ever encountered a problem with your iPhone which resulted in you not being able to access it, you can use Dr.Fone – iOS Unlock to remove the lock screen and regain access without running into any problems.
Below we have detailed the steps that you must take to use the iOS Unlock feature of Dr.Fone and before following this guide, download and install Dr.Fone – iOS Unlock on your computer, and connect your iPhone using a lightning cable.
How to Unlock iOS Device
Regardless of what the situation is, you can use Dr.Fone – iOS Unlock to remove your device’s lock screen.
Step #1 – From the main menu click on the “Unlock” feature.
Step #2 – You will be shown the basic information that you need to know about the process. Click on “Start” to begin the unlock process.
Step #3 – Next, you’ll be prompted to put your iPhone into DFU mode. If you aren’t sure on how to do this, then you should either follow the steps below or follow the guide shown on-screen.
Step #4 – Once you have entered DFU mode, you will be asked to enter some information about the connected device. Enter the required details and click on “Download” to have the firmware downloaded.
Step #5 – After Dr.Fone has downloaded the required firmware, click on the “Unlock Now” button and after a few minutes, your iPhone will have the passcode removed.
Unfortunately, this will also wipe all of your personal data from the iOS device.
To enable DFU mode, follow the steps that we have detailed below.
For iPhone 6S/6 Plus/5S/5C/5:
- Turn your iPhone off.
- Hold down the “Power” and “Volume Down” buttons simultaneously for about 10 seconds.
- Stop holding the “Power” button but continue holding the “Volume Down” button.
- Your iPhone will now boot into DFU mode.
For iPhone 7/7 Plus:
- Connect iPhone 7 to computer and iTunes should be running.
- Turn your iPhone 7 off.
- Hold down the button of “On/Off” for three seconds. At the same time, hold down the button of “Volume Down” for another 10 seconds.
- Stop holding the “On/Off” button but continue holding the button of “Volume Down” for more 5 seconds.
Note: Make sure the screen should stay black during the step 3 & step 4. If not, you need to start again.
- Your iPhone should be now in DFU mode.
For iPhone 8 (Plus)/X:
With your powered-up iPhone still connected to your computer with iTunes open, do the following steps.
- Connect iPhone to computer and iTunes should be running.
- Quick-press the button of “Volume Up” and then quick-press the button of “Volume Down”.
- Hold down the side button till the iPhone 8/X screen goes black.
- Hold down both the “Volume Down” & the Side buttons together for five seconds.
- Stop holding the Side button after five seconds, but continue holding the “Volume Down” button for more than five seconds.
- Last, pay attention to your computer – if an iPhone 7/X recovery prompt from within iTunes pops up, you can let go of the “Volume Down” button and then check iPhone’s display. As long as the iPhone screen is black, congratulations, your iPhone is now in DFU mode.