iCloud is used for a variety of things. It can be used in an iPhone, Mac, and any other computer for saving the data. Additionally, it helps you to store contacts. You simply need to configure iCloud on the iPhone as well as Mac. Doing this will help you in synchronizing some contact present on your Mac computer if you edit a contact on your iPhone. This whole process saves the time of changing or editing a contact on both iPhone and Mac computer.
But before we divulge completely into the problem of iCloud contacts not getting synced, let’s first discuss the iPhone models launched by iPhone recently- iPhone 8 and iPhone X. iPhone 8 has the brilliant feature of A11 bionic chip which gives a boost to the iPhone whereas iPhone X has a beautiful design with facial unlock features.
Sometimes, a problem of ‘iCloud contacts not syncing‘ occurs and we don’t know how to fix this. This is when software like dr.fone Backup & Restore (iOS) & iMyFone D-Port Pro come in handy if some common fixes don’t work. So in this article, we are going to discuss how to fix the problem of iCloud contacts not syncing and how to use professional third-party software when everything else fails.
One of the primary reasons behind iCloud contacts not syncing is having upgraded to the latest version of iPhone’s operating system. After the upgrading of OS, sometimes default settings of the contacts in the iPhone get applied again. So the iCloud cannot update data during synchronization. Follow the below steps to prevent iCloud contacts from not syncing.
In your iPhone, go to the ‘General menu.’ After this select ‘iCloud’ and then ‘Turn off contacts in iCloud.’ Now you need to go to ‘Power off Device’ and after giving a few seconds, put on the power of the device again. In the end, tap on ‘Turn on contact syncing again.’ This whole process may help when iCloud contacts not syncing.
If the above step does not work, then you can follow these steps if you have multiple accounts. In your iPhone, go to ‘Settings,’ and go to ‘Mail, Contacts, Calendars.’ Now tap on ‘iCloud’ and then finally click on ‘Delete Account.’ After these steps, it is mandatory to restart the iPhone. You have to attach your account to the device again and then restart it one more time.
Sometimes, iCloud contacts not syncing happens when you have added a contact in an Outlook account, but it is still not appearing in the contacts folder of iCloud. Follow the following steps to correct such a problem:
1. You should have the current version of the control panel of iCloud. If not, upgrade it at https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204283
2. Open Outlook account, then sign into it. Click on ‘File’ and then select iCloud menu. Remove the email account that you have and close it.
3. After the above step, select ‘Data File’ option and select the iCloud menu again. Remove your email account and close it.
4. Now you need to sign into the iCloud app for which you need to click on Windows button, select Control Panel and then click on iCloud.
5. Now select ‘Setup iCloud Contacts, Calenders and Tasks.
6. Reopen Outlook, and at the end, it will prevent ‘iCloud contacts not syncing’ problem.
We strongly want to suggest dr.fone – Backup & Restore (iOS) to you. dr.fone – Backup & Restore (iOS) is a software that helps you in data recovery on both your Android and iOS devices. You won’t face iCloud contacts not syncing if you download it. Additionally, it will also help you in data backup and restore. Here are some stunning features of dr.fone – Backup & Restore (iOS):
Follow the below listed steps to use dr.fone – Backup & Restore (iOS) and solve the problem of ‘iCloud contacts not syncing.’
1. Download the software and open it on the PC. Choose ‘Backup & Restore.’ After doing this connect your device to your computer and dr.fone – Backup & Restore (iOS) will detect the iPhone.
2. dr.fone – Backup & Restore (iOS) will detect every file in your iPhone. Start by searching the file that needs backing up. Select that particular file and select ‘Backup.’ Wait for some time for the process to take place. If you select a bigger file, the longer it will take.
3. Select ‘Export to the PC.’
4. All the contacts on iCloud will get synced to your PC after some time.
iMyFone D-Port Pro helps in making a backup of everything present in your iPad, iPod, and iPhone in clear and quick steps. This program helps in giving a backup to the files which in turn helps in easy viewing of the content of the files. In addition to this, we can also extract data individually and send or export some files to various other devices. Hence, iMyFone D-Port Pro is that type of a program that can surely help in solving the problem of iCloud contacts not syncing. Let’s take a closer look at some other amazing features it has to offer:
Let’s see how we can use iMyFone D-Port Pro to solve the problem of iCloud contacts not syncing:
1. Connect the computer to your iPhone. Launch the software and select ‘Log into iCloud‘ present in the ‘Extract data from Backup.’ Log into your iCloud account by typing in your credentials.
2. After you get logged in, all the data present in your account will appear. Select the latest backup file and click on ‘Next.’ This step will help in downloading the file to your computer.
3. Choose ‘Contacts.’
4. A scan will run, and all the details will be listed in order. Click on the Extract button after previewing them, and the required data will get saved on your PC.
If the above process does not help in solving ‘iCloud contacts not syncing’ issue and you are unable to backup files in order to restore them, you need to do a process manually. The below-listed steps will help you in doing so:
1. Select a hyperlink called as ‘Download iCloud Backup.’ Log into the iCloud account you wish to use. All the iCloud backups will be listed here. You have to pick the latest one. Click on ‘Next’ button so that the file can be downloaded. Following this, files will start to scan with the help of the software.
2. After the scan gets completed, the backup file contents will get displayed. There is a preview screen on the side which will help you in previewing all the contents.
3. Select ‘Contacts‘ so that you can preview them and click on ‘Restore‘ which will help in saving the contacts on your device.
Note: To restore contacts to the iPhone, iMyFone D-Port Pro’s latest version will not work.
Hence, we can see how we can solve the problem of ‘iCloud contacts not syncing‘ by using the various fixes mentioned in this article, and if these fixes don’t work, we have software like dr.fone – Backup & Restore (iOS) & iMyFone D-Port Pro to help us out.