It is absolutely needless to say how popular Instagram is. Because of the exciting features associated with this awesome platform, many individuals use it on a frequent basis. For some individuals, it is just a hobby, but there are some businesses that use Instagram for marketing. Regardless of the purpose, users get really frustrated when Instagram keeps stopping. If you’re a regular Instagram user and see Instagram keeps closing, you will go mad and look for solutions. But don’t be upset at all. This article comprises of various solutions to address Instagram crash, so keep reading if you are an Instagram user.
When Instagram keeps stopping, you will see an error message saying, ‘Unfortunately Instagram has stopped.‘ So, after noticing such error, you should try the options mentioned below and fix it.
Why does Instagram crash?
Just like the other apps, Instagram too can give occasional troubles for the users. After all, the truth is that there is no invincible app. The reason for a crash can either be an issue with the login or the app itself. If you haven’t downloaded the latest version, it tends to crash. If your Android OS is outdated or experiences some bugs, Instagram may crash.
Also, the app can crash due to a lack of memory in the device or when the device is hot. Moreover, the app can have its own problems from their end and end up crashing.
Solutions to address ‘Instagram keeps stopping’ issue
If you notice your Instagram keeps closing, make sure that you go through the below-mentioned options carefully. Then, follow the steps patiently to see that you have solved it for good. In fact, you don’t have to use all these methods. Instead, try one by one until your Instagram is up and running once again.
01. Restart your Smartphone or tab if your Instagram keeps closing
The most basic option you should try after noticing an Instagram crash in your device is a restart. Although it sounds like a pretty basic solution, it can actually solve many errors, including the Instagram crash. To restart your device, you should only press the power button and hold it then tap the ‘Restart’ option. Please note that the restarting method might slightly vary depending on the model of the device.
02. Clear the data and Cache of your Instagram app
Sometimes, Instagram keeps stopping if the Cache is full. In this case, you can expect it to work normally by clearing the cache and data of the app. Mentioned below are the steps to do it.
To clear Cache
- Go to the Settings of your Smartphone or tab
- Go to Instagram under Apps and tap on it
- Then, tap on the option Clear Cache
To clear data
- Go to the Settings of your device
- Tap on Apps
- Then, locate Instagram and tap on the option called Clear Data
- Then, tap on Force Stop to complete the process
Please note that the above steps may slightly vary depending on the model of the device and OS version.
For more issues like ‘Snapchat keeps Crashing‘, here is the best solution.
03. Update Instagram if Instagram keeps closing
You should ensure that you have installed the latest Instagram version on your device. Older versions of any app (including Instagram) can cause troubles, at least an occasional basis. So, it is important to have the app updated all the time if you expect it to run smoothly. To get it updated, you should follow the steps mentioned below.
- Go to Play Store app on your device.
- Then, open the menu and click on My Apps & Games.
- If you can see a newer version of Instagram, just tap on the option called Update.
If the problem has occurred due to an outdated app, the above steps should resolve it.
04. Reinstall the app if your Instagram keeps closing
If you are yet to overcome the issue even after trying all the options mentioned above, read on. As a different solution, now you have to try a reinstallation. In other words, you can resolve an Instagram crash by reinstalling the app. To get Instagram reinstalled, you should follow the steps emphasized below.
- Go to the Settings app on the device
- Then, go to Apps and choose the option called Instagram
- Tap on Uninstall so you can see it gets removed from the device
- Then, perform a restart on the device.
- After getting the device restarted, just install the Instagram app once again and see if it works.
For most of the users, this option must work.
05. Update your Android OS
If you still have the same trouble in using Instagram, you should opt for a system update. With a system update, you get a more stabilized version of the OS. In fact, updating your Android version will fix various bugs apart from fixing Instagram crash. In addition to that, updated OS is always safer compared to the outdated one. So, keeping your Android version updated is inevitable whether or not you experience any issue.
Here are the steps to keep your Android OS updated to the newest version.
- First of all, connect your device to a reliable, solid Wi-Fi network.
- Then, go to the Settings of your device.
- Of all the available options, select About Phone.
- Tap on the option labeled Check for Updates.
- If you see a button labeled Update, that means an update is available. Just tap on it.
- The next option will vary depending on the current OS you are using. For instance, you will see options like Install Now, Install System Software, Reboot and Install or similar. Just tap on the option so the Update will take place.
- Now, go to Instagram and see if it works properly.
Now we believe that you can address ‘Instagram keeps stopping‘ issue using any of the above solutions. You can carefully go through the details and follow the instructions well. If you have further questions related to this issue, please mention it in the comments section below. Good luck!