Een back-up maken van gegevens is van het allergrootste belang. Even though most of us ignore this piece of general tech advice, it’s crucial for avoiding data loss and securing files. iPhones are no different – regular backups can prevent the loss of valuable photos and text messages. Apple has graciously made it easy to take backups, and you can do so either with iTunes, iCloud, or a third-party program. iPhone backup failed, Helaas, occurs on occasion, and if you encounter this problem, fixing it will be your top priority.
You’ll be happy to know that it isn’t a rare error either. This means that plenty of solutions are out there for us to try, and by the end of this article, we guarantee you’ll be able to take an iPhone backup without any problems.
Deel 1. Top Reasons for iPhone Backup Failed
Om te beginnen met, let’s take a quick look at why your iPhone might be unable to take backups.
- 1. iOS device doesn’t have enough battery power to take a backup
- 2. The current network connection is not stable, so iCloud can’t connect to the servers
- 3. Your iCloud account’s storage is full or doesn’t have enough space for a new backup
- 4. iCloud hasn’t been set up on your iPhone correctly
- 5. iPhone couldn’t authenticate your iCloud account credentials
There could be another reason that iPhone backup failed in your case. Reasoning aside, the techniques below will help resolve this problem in any situation.
Deel 2. Best Way to Fix iPhone Backup Failed
For the optimal resolution of iPhone backup problems, an alternative program for backing up and restoring your data is the best option. Dr.fone – Backup & Herstellen (iOS) is exactly what you need in a situation like this. When taking a backup, dr.fone stores the data directly to the computer. Dus, no storage or network issues are likely to arise.
- Selectively back up and restore iOS data
- Absolutely no risk of data corruption or data loss due to incremental handling
- Specific files can be extracted from backups to the computer
- The simple one-click backup process
- Preview backups before selectively restoring them
- Access and restore backups from dr.fone, iTunes, and iCloud
- Manage backups for any iPhone using iOS 4 onwards
The gist of it is that dr.fone – Backup & Restore is perfect because it provides a lot of features we’d hope to find in iTunes, but don’t. That’s a big part of the reason it’s suited to eliminate iPhone backup failed.
Hoe gebruik dr.fone – Backup & Herstellen
Choosing dr.fone – Backup & Restore is your best bet, het staat als een paal. Using it isn’t too difficult either and to help you along the way, here’s a quick walkthrough on how to back up your iPhone.
- Stap #1 – Downloaden Dr.fone – Backup & Herstellen and install the program, Start het.
- Stap #2 – On the main menu that appears select “Back-up & Herstellen.”
- Stap #3 – Klik op de “Back-up” option and use a lightning cable to connect your iPhone.
- Stap #4 -Volgende, you can choose the specific filetypes you wish to include in the backup. For all of the data to be backed up, selectievakje “Alles selecteren” en klik op “Back-up” om door te gaan.
- Stap #5 – The backup process will commence, and progress will be shown in the meantime.
- Stap #6 – Nadat de back-up is genomen, you can exit out of dr.fone or confirm the backup was successful by clicking “Open Backup Location.”
Tijdens het proces, you can change the save location of your backup too. Daarna, there’s a “Back-geschiedenis bekijken” button which gives you easy access to all dr.fone backups you’ve taken. Algemene, it’s clear that to get around iPhone backup problems; this program is ideal.
Deel 3. Solutions for iPhone Backup Failed
If you want to stick with using iTunes or iCloud for your backups, that’s not a problem. Try the following solutions rather than switching to dr.fone.
Oplossing #1 – Purchase More Storage
Apple gives everyone with an iCloud account a small amount of storage for free. Most people find this to be enough space for a couple of backups. But if your iPhone is full of data and you responsibly back it up on a regular basis, the free storage will quickly fill up.
Gelukkig, Apple sells iCloud storage at reasonable monthly rates. Users can purchase this either through a web browser or on their iPhone.
- Stap #1 – Unlock your iPhone and open the Settings app.
- Stap #2 – Tap your name at the top of this menu and then tap “iCloud.”
- Stap #3 -Volgende, Selecteer “Manage Storage” en kraan “Change Storage Plan.”
- Stap #4 – Several upgrade options are available here. Tap the upgrade you’d like and then tap “Kopen” bij het hoogste-recht.
- Stap #5 – Enter your iCloud password and proceed to complete the payment stage.
Uiteraard, the drawback to this is that you’ll be paying monthly for the storage. Even considering this, the pricing of extra iCloud storage is far from expensive.
Oplossing #2 – Delete Unneeded Backups
If spending money is the last resort, deleting any old backups from your account will help. Realistically only the most recent backup is necessary. It’s reassuring to have multiple backups, but not entirely necessary.
- Stap #1 – Open the Settings app and tap your iCloud account.
- Stap #2 – Ga naar “iCloud > Manage Storage > Back-ups“.
- Stap #3 – All iPhone backups will be listed with their file sizes. Take a moment to explore the backups and decide which ones to delete.
- Stap #4 – Tap on a backup to delete and at the bottom of this menu, Druk op “Delete Backup.”
- Stap #5 – Confirm that the backup should be removed from your iCloud storage.
Even just wiping one or two backups will aide iPhone backup failed. There will be an increase in available iCloud storage, and taking backups shouldn’t cause errors anymore.
Oplossing #3 – Update iOS Version
Let’s be honest: as important as iOS updates are, seeing that “Software-Update” notification causes a rush of anxiety. Zeker, big updates usually include new and exciting features. But minor updates are less so.
Why people have a distaste towards iOS updates is simple. When updates are installing, we can’t use our iPhones. Sadly not keeping the iOS version up-to-date can result in iPhone backup failed due to software communication conflictions.
- Stap #1 – Open Settings and go to the “Algemene” menu.
- Stap #2 – Kraan “Software-Update,” and if there’s a new update available, Tik op “Installeren.”
- Stap #3 – It will now download, and once it finishes, your iPhone will install.
- Stap #4 – Wait while the new firmware installs and afterward check if you can take a backup.
Meestal, we’d suggest that users back up their iPhone before updating the iOS version. Considering the backup failed error, backing up isn’t an option so be cautious of data loss occurring.
Oplossing #4 – Change iCloud Settings
Human error can’t be ignored, and it could be that you turned off the iCloud backup setting. Enabling it once again is easy and doable from your iPhone.
- Stap #1 – Launch the Settings app.
- Stap #2 – Tap your iCloud name at the top of this screen.
- Stap #3 – Kraan “iCloud” and swipe to the bottom of this menu.
- Stap #4 – Look for “iCloud back-up” and select it.
- Stap #5 – If the slider is not green, tap it to enable the iCloud Backup feature.
- Stap #6 – Once it is enabled, Tik op “Nu een back-Up” to take an iCloud backup.
This setting is on by default. Dus, if you turn it off at any time, remember to return to the iCloud settings and reenable it to avoid further backup problems.
Oplossing #5 – Sign Out of iCloud
Authentication errors are another reason that you might run into iPhone backup failed. These errors don’t always alert you and can affect iCloud features negatively. Signing out of your iCloud account and signing back in will reauthenticate your iPhone’s access and secure a connection with Apple servers.
- Stap #1 – Start by launching the “Instellingen” app and tapping your iCloud account.
- Stap #2 – Swipe down and tap on the “Sign Out” knop. Follow the confirmation steps to agree with the account removal.
- Stap #3 – Back on the Settings menu, tap the iCloud banner and sign in using your account email and password.
- Stap #4 – Ga naar “iCloud > iCloud back-up” and enable the feature if it isn’t already.
- Stap #5 – Kraan “Nu een back-Up” to see if the issue is gone.
When we sign in to iCloud on a new iPhone, we assume that’s it. As you can see through, sometimes signing out and back in can revalidate the iCloud connection and resolve common problems.
Oplossing #6 – Investigate Network Issues
Last of all, network connection problems can interfere with an iCloud connection, en dus, it may be behind iPhone backup failed. Try the following:
- Connect to a different Wi-Fi network
- Enable airplane mode for a few minutes, then disable it
- Check if other iPhones can take backups on the network
- Restart your router (if other devices experience network issues too)
- Use your data plan to take a backup instead of Wi-Fi
- Try taking a backup on iTunes or with dr.fone – Backup & Herstellen
If you discover that backup failed is limited to your iPhone, resetting the network settings is the next step. Here’s how to do so:
- Stap #1 – Go into the Settings app and tap “Algemene.”
- Stap #2 – At the bottom of this menu, Tik op “Reset” en kies “Reset Network Settings.”
- Stap #3 – Enter your device’s passcode to confirm this action.
- Stap #4 – Your iPhone will now restart as part of the network reset.
- Stap #5 – Once the device loads up, reconnect to Wi-Fi, and check if a backup can be taken.
This completely wipes all network settings. You will have to reconnect to any Wi-Fi network you were connected to and possibly reconfigure your carrier settings.
Conclusion on iPhone Backup Failed
iTunes and iCloud are the two generic ways to take backups of your data, and Apple recommends sticking to those. Echter, consider the iPhone backup failed probleem, alternate approaches may be needed. If none of the fixes help you to take an iPhone backup, then contemplate using Dr.fone – Backup & Herstellen in plaats daarvan. This is an effective program that lets you selectively back up an iPhone’s files, it’s simple to use, and it avoids any iCloud errors like this.