3 Best MP4 to SWF Converters
MP3 has always been the popular audio format and for several good reasons, and its video format counterpart, MP4, has been the same. It’s understandable as both formats are very versatile and are compatible with virtually all platforms. They are among the few formats that can be accessed on Windows, Mac, and smartphone platforms without a special video player. That said, there is interest in converting MP4 to SWF due to the benefits the latter has for website purposes.
SWF isn’t the first format that video editors consider. However, it is a suitable method for reducing the video file size without compromising video quality. This is the key reason that website creators prefer SWF – videos can be uploaded on their websites without having a significant impact on the page load speeds. So, if you have MP4 files that you want on a website, here are the top converters.
Above all others is Wondershare UniConverter. This is the best converter to use for any video format, not just MP4 to SWF. It also Convert SWF to MP4. All it takes is choosing a few settings and clicking a button; then your video is converted almost instantly. What’s not to love about that?
- Convert videos up to 30 times faster than other video converters
- Download videos from almost any website
- Convert videos to and from 100s of formats
- Effortlessly transfer converted videos to your smartphone
- Burn your videos to DVD discs
- Includes a built-in video editor (enables trimming, watermarking, cropping, and more)
- Presets are available so that users can convert videos for specific devices
- Toolbox section includes an image converter, GIF maker, and other useful tools
- Available to Windows and Mac computer users
- Trial version is available for this URL to MP4 Converter
There aren’t many bad things we can say about Wondershare UniConverter, especially when we look at it as a video converter. The ability to convert videos in hundreds of formats alone is impressive. For the best Video to GIF Converter, this is just for you.
How to Use Wondershare UniConverter
While it is a generally easy piece of video management software to use and is unique in many ways, first-time users probably won’t know how to convert their MP4 videos with it. Follow the steps below to convert MP4 to SWF using Wondershare UniConverter.
- Step #1 – Start by downloading and installing Wondershare UniConverter on your computer.
- Step #2 – Launch the program and click “Convert” on the navigation menu at the top.
- Step #3 – Either drag the MP4 file onto the UniConverter window or click “Add Files” and select the video this way. You can repeat this to convert multiple videos at the same time.
- Step #4 – Next to “Convert all files to:” click the arrow and then “Video.”
- Step #5 – Choose the SWF video format from the list and choose the appropriate resolution.
- Note: to convert to SWF you must install VLC player on your computer. Wondershare UniConverter will alert you to do this before proceeding.
- Step #6 – Before you finish converting the video, you can use the icons below the preview to make edits if necessary. If you want to make edits, then do so before continuing.
- Step #7 – When you are satisfied with the video, at the bottom-right click on “Convert All.”
- Step #8 – After a few minutes, Wondershare UniConverter will present you with the SWF version.
The best thing about converting MP4 to SWF with this program is that you can convert in batch. It saves time, allows you to merge videos into one file, and the editor is readily available.
#2 – CloudConvert Online Converter
Downloading and using software might not be possible. Perhaps you’re on a friend’s laptop or at a public library, in which case you should consider an online converter instead. Since these don’t require you to install anything, it can be a more convenient solution.
One particular online MP4 to SWF converter that is free to use and reliable is CloudConvert. Some of the main features it’ll provide you with are:
- Converts videos, music, documents, spreadsheets and lots of other file types
- Convert files that are stored in cloud storage, on your computer, or from a URL
- Compatible with over 200 file formats
- Available online, as a Google Chrome extension, or as an iOS app
- Convert videos to SWF format in batch
- Free users can convert files for 25 minutes each day
- Additional paid packages are available for those who require excessive converting
- Change a video’s codec when converting
There is also a CloudConvert API available. With this, developers can utilize CloudConvert’s abilities and program it into their own applications. Even though there are paid subscriptions, those are only for users who want to convert a lot of files. If you’re only converting a couple of videos, then this is the best online solution by far.
How to Use CloudConvert
The online converter we’ve chosen isn’t exclusive to handling video files; that’s what makes it such an amazing resource. In the guide below we’re going to show you how to use CloudConvert to convert an MP4 file to SWF.
- Step #1 – Open a web browser and go to the CloudConvert website. Using that link will automatically set the formats for you.
- Step #2 – Click on the “Select Files” drop-down menu and choose where the MP4 video is stored. Follow the on-screen instructions which will vary depending on the option you chose.
- Step #3 – Once the website has added the MP4 video, change the output format to SWF if it isn’t already set like this.
- Step #4 – To make minor edits, click the spanner icon. You’ll then be able to trim the video, change the video and audio codecs, add subtitles, and a few other things.
- Step #5 – After finishing the edits, before converting the video, you can save the file to your cloud storage account by checking “Save file to my” and selecting the relevant platform.
- Step #6 – Finally, once you are happy with the settings, click on “Start Conversion.”
CloudConvert is a great online tool with some incredible features. Most impressive is that you can save converted files to a cloud storage account. If you convert MP4 to SWF from a public computer, then this eliminates the inconvenience of downloading and reuploading the converted file. Overall, CloudConvert is worth trying.
#3 – Wondershare Free MP4 to SWF Converter
Our final suggestion might seem familiar, but it isn’t quite the same as Wondershare UniConverter. Wondershare has also developed a free video converter. This is more limited than UniConverter but has the right set of features to convert MP4 videos to SWF format.
- Convert various file formats including MP4, SWF, AVI, WAV, and other media files
- Like UniConverter it can convert videos up to 30 times faster than standard converters
- Supports downloading videos from thousands of websites
- After converting a video, you can transfer it directly to a handheld device
- Quick and easy to use
- Available for Windows and Mac and is completely free to use!
Think of this MP4 to SWF converter is a minimalist’s version of Wondershare UniConverter. Because it’s free there are a few downsides:
- Limited to converting media files
- Users can only transfer five videos to their devices
- Converting videos will add a watermark
- Doesn’t include all of the features that UniConverter does
Remember that even though there are these downsides, it is the free version of the more impressive Wondershare UniConverter. Choosing the latter will eliminate these negatives and get you access to many other features.
To Conclude on the Best MP4 to SWF Converter
Next time you’re managing your website, and have concerns about uploading videos that will cause loading problems, look towards these video converters. All three can flawlessly convert MP4 to SWF and thus benefit you. If you’re looking for a video converter to use at home, then Wondershare UniConverter is definitely our pick.
On the other hand, if you mainly use someone else’s computer and want to converter videos, CloudConvert is ideal. It might also be worth purchasing a subscription for CloudConvert if you frequently convert files! Whichever solution you choose, you’ll have access to a wonderful tool. For MPEG4 VS. MP4 full comparison, click to read more.