Snelle indeling versus volledige indeling [Volledig uitgelegd]
Tijdens het formatteren van een partitie op de vaste schijf, you must have noticed two kinds of formats (Quick Format and Full Format) available for you to choose from. Have you ever wondered how both differ from each other? Read this article thoroughly from start to end in order to understand the whole concept about the Snelle indeling versus volledige indeling.
In het algemeen, whenever you try to format any partition, the system runs the quick formatting process since the “Quick Format” option is checked by default. En, if you uncheck it, the system will run the full formatting process in that case. Allereerst, let’s understand what actually the disk formatting is.
What is Disk Formatting?
When you configure any kind of data storage media (like a hard disk) for its initial usage, the process is called Disk formatting. The process is executed not only before the initial installation but also for producing some additional storage in the system.
When it comes to the whole process of disk formatting, it is worth noting that the process is made up of three parts:
1. Low-Level Formatting
The process of creating sectors and tracks on a hard disk is called Low-level formatting. The computer user has to do nothing with this kind of formatting. It is the hard disk’s manufacturer who performs this physical formatting.
The process of dividing a hard disk into multiple partitions by the computer user is said to be Partitioning.
3. High-Level Formatting
The high-level formatting is done on partitions. En, this kind of formatting is performed by the user himself. This is the high-level formatting which is further divided into two categories: quick format and full format. Here it becomes clear that the quick format and full format both are mainly related to the partitions in the disks.
Process of Quick Format vs Full Format
If I have to discuss the process of quick/full format, there will be two cases to discuss the process for- formatting in Windows explorer and formatting in disk management. Let’s discuss the formatting process for both of the cases.
Quick/Full Format in Windows Explorer
Follow the steps given below in order to perform the process:
- 1. Eerste, Open de “File Explorer” op uw computer.
- 2. Ga naar “Deze PC” and locate the local disc (which is to be formatted) under this.
- 3. Click on the local disk by using the right button on your mouse, and then you will find an option “Indeling.” Click on this option.
- 4. Once you click on the “Indeling” optie, a dialog box will open up. If you simply click on the “Start” knop, the quick formatting process will start because the option “Quick Format” is checked by default. But if you uncheck the “Quick Format” option before hitting the “Start” knop, it will start the full formatting process for the disk partition. And that’s it.
Quick/Full Format in Disc Management
You can follow the steps given below in order to be able to perform the formatting process in Disk Management:
1. Eerste, you have to press the “Windows + R” toetsen.
2. Then open the “Schijfbeheer” by typing “diskmgmt.msc.”
3. Right-click on the partition which is to be formatted.
4. Selecteer de “Indeling” optie.
5. Eindelijk, Klik op de “OK” button to start the formatting process. Standaard, de optie “Perform a quick format” is checked. You can uncheck it if you want to run a full format for the partition.
Actual Differences Between Quick Format And Full Format
Now let’s get to the main point. What are the actual differences between the quick format and full format? Will the Quick Format erase the data completely or partially? All of the questions need to be answered very well, and I have done the same. Below I have described all of the differences you need to know between these two kinds of formatting:
A quick format, if executed, will perform the following tasks on the disk partition:
- It will delete the files stored in the partition
- It will also perform the task of rebuilding the “bestandssysteem“.
- Bovendien, it will rebuild the “volume label” en de “cluster size” ook.
En, Aan de andere kant, a full format will perform the following tasks:
- It will completely erase the files from the partition.
- Will perform the task of rebuilding the “bestandssysteem“.
- En, it will also rebuild the “volume label” en de “cluster size” ook.
- Bovendien, it will perform scanning on the disk-partition for the bad logical sectors (which is not done in the quick format).
When it comes to the speed of formatting the partition, quick format is always faster than the full format.
Intensity of Format
The quick format is faster, but it doesn’t erase all of the data. All it does is just delete it by marking the disk partition as “opgemaakt” and deleting the journal (which has the records of locations-tracks of files on the hard drive). En, Aan de andere kant, the full format completely erases all of the data stored on the partition of the disk.
Data Recovery Possibility
Unless you have overwritten it, the data deleted with a quick format on the partition can be recovered with the use of data recovery software. Maar, Aan de andere kant, normally, you cannot recover the data erased with the full formatting process.
Versions Of Windows
When it comes to the versions of Windows, there have been several changes in the effectiveness of quick/full format along with the various versions of Windows over time. In Windows XP and the earlier versions, you could also recover the data of the disk partition that had been formatted with a full format. Maar, later, in Windows Vista and the succeeding versions, the data formatted with the full format cannot be normally recovered with any data recovery software. En, on the other, you can easily recover the data deleted with the quick format in these versions of Windows with the use of some data recovery software, as mentioned earlier also.
How To Recover Data From The Quick Formatted Disk Partition
No need to tell you again that you can easily recover the data from a quick formatted disk. But the question here arises how you can accomplish this task. Here comes the role of the data recovery software as I have cleared it earlier also. The best data recovery software that I recommend you to use to perform this recovery process is iMyFone AnyRecover.
Features of iMyFone AnyRecover
- By using iMyFone AnyRecover, you can easily recover all of the data lost in formatting the hard drive because the tool has the capability to recover more 1000 types of file.
- Apart from being able to recover data from the formatted hard drive, it can also recover all other types of storage media like mobile phones, camcorders, -flashdrives, enz.
- It is not only the data lost due to the formatting process, which the AnyRecover helps in recovering but it can also help in successfully recovering the data lost due to some other reasons like a power outage, toevallige schrapping, enz.
- The recovery process with this tool is speedy. Hence you won’t have to waste too much of your valuable time in running the process.
- The process of data recovery is straightforward and easy to execute.
- Bovendien, the recovery rate with this tool is more than 98%, which is rarely found in any other tool of a similar kind.
Recovery Process With iMyFone AnyRecover
In case you have lost your data in the formatting process and want to recover it with the AnyRecover, follow the steps given below:
- 1. Eerste, downloaden, installeren, and run the AnyRecover on your computer. Then select the “Terugwinning van geformatteerde schijf” mode from the options offered by the tool.
- 2. Select the formatted hard drive where you want to retrieve the lost data. En, Klik vervolgens op de “Volgende” knop.
- 3. Now you have to select the various types of files that you want to recover. After selecting all of the file types that you need to recover, Klik op de “Scan” button provided at the bottom right corner.
- 4. The scanning process will start, and after it completes, the software will display all of the files available in the formatted hard drive. From those files displayed in front of you, select only the files that you need to recover. After selecting the required files, Klik op de “Herstellen” knop. And that’s it.
- (Opmerking: – As you noticed above, the process to recover the lost data with the iMyFone AnyRecover is very fast and as simple that anyone without much technical knowledge can execute it. But remember that the iMyFone AnyRecover may not help you get your lost data back, if it has already been overwritten. If you want to check whether the tool can work for you or not, you can try its free trial version also. Download it now.)
When To Choose Quick Format Vs Full Format
You can think of using the quick format functionality in the following cases:
- When you don’t want to erase the data from your hard drive completely; and have the possibility to be in need of recovering that data in the future.
- If you don’t want to scan your hard disk for bad sectors.
- And if you don’t have a long time to wait for the formatting process to complete.
Aan de andere kant, you can think of using the full format functionality in the following cases:
- When you are in need of completely erasing the data from the disk; and have no possibility to require the recovery of that data in the future.
- And if you want to scan your disk for bad sectors.
Final Words on Quick Format Vs Full Format:
Quick format and full format both have their own advantages and disadvantages. You can decide to go for a quick format if you have less time for formatting. But you must execute the full formatting process if you are going to sell your hard disk so that the data may not be easily recovered by others. Keeping in mind all the information covered in this article on Snelle indeling versus volledige indeling, you can easily decide which one is going to be applicable in your case.