How to Fix Rundll Error at the Startup of Windows XP/Vista/7
For any Windows user, Rundll error creates a massive frustration. In fact, Rundll error occurs mainly at the startup of a Windows XP, Vista, or 7 computers. If your computer suffers from this error, you will see a specific popup message. This message says something similar to ‘the application did not start properly.’ Sometimes, it can pop up a window saying ‘the specified module could not be found.’ As a result of this error, you will notice that your computer freezes up. In addition to that, some might notice that their computer gets incredibly slow as a result of this error.
Have you ever experienced this error? Do you wonder how to get rid of Rundll error? If so, this is the article you must read. In this article, we will teach you how to fix this error and get your computer back to normal.
An introduction to Rundll
Rundll is a file wit .exe format. It is basically a system process that directly connects to the Windows operating system. In general, rundll and rundll 32 files come as a vital part of the combination of codes shared. The purpose of running rundll files is to maintain and increased the speed of the operating system. In addition to that, it increases the overall efficiency of the operating system of your computer. That is because it has the ability to run the same code of instructions repeatedly. So, the programs don’t have to process the previous codes repeatedly because rundll executes them. In fact, this is just a brief description of rundll to give you a quick insight. If you need more clarification, please do some research.
What is the reason behind the Rundll error?
As you might have noticed, Rundll error appears when your computer’s operating system starts. In general, this error is caused due to one of the following reasons.
- A DLL file is deleted improperly
- An uninstalled application’s DLL is shared with another application
- A DLL file is infected by malware such as trojan or a virus
- Invalid DLL entries appear in the Windows registry
- DLL files are corrupted
Basically, Rundll error appears when the corresponding DLL file has undergone some changes or deletions.
Beside, here, you will learn more about how to delete Windows update files completely, and how to fix Windows Cannot Access the Specified Device Path or File, as well as Windows Resource Protection Could Not Perform the Requested Operation easily.
How to fix Rundll error?
It is usual for any person to get frustrated when they experience this Rundll error. Most of the novice users, in fact, tend to call for professional help right after noticing such an issue. If not, those who have some knowledge opt to remove the corrupted rundll files manually.
If truth to be told, getting an expert to fix the issue can cost a considerable amount of money. On the other hand, deleting the rundll files inappropriately can cause irreversible harm for your computer. But we have several perfect solutions to this and get your computer back into normal mode. The methods are mentioned below for your reference.
- 01. As the first solution, you should try to reinstall the programs that are reported to have Rundll error. If this particular issue appears from third-party software, you should uninstall it and get it installed once again. However, some of the applications let you have an option called ‘Repair.’ You can try this option as well to fix the potential Rundll error in it. The repair feature will try to retrieve the missing or corrupted DLL file and get the software run again.
- 02. You can also fix Rundll error simply by downloading the copy of the same rundll file. This file can be available on the internet, probably for free. In general, most of the rundll files of known applications are available online. Once the corrupted rundll file is replaced, you should perform a restart on the computer. Then, you will have to check if the issue is persisting.
- 03. Are you working on a network of computers that operate on the same OS version? If so, there is another solution to this. Under such circumstance, you can try copying the same rundll from a different computer to the faulty one. Then, you should see if the error is fixed.
- 04. If the Rundll error has occurred due to a failure caused in Windows registry, you can fix it. Usually, this happens when you clean the registry, and the dll is dumped with other unwanted files. In this case, you will have to fix the registry errors and remove them all from the registry. In fact, this can be the most effective option to fix this issue.
What can you do if a data loss has occurred due to Rundll error?
Well, the truth is that some of the Rundll error situations can even lead to data losses. That is in addition to various other issues. When you lose your data, needless to mention how annoying it is. If you have lost your important files, you surely have frustration over it. If you have experienced such an issue and wonder how to recover the lost data, what should you do? The most effective solution to this is using a powerful tool that can recover lost data off your hard drive. In this case, we trust software like Recoverit Data Recovery software. Just like the name suggests, this powerful software can recover data in a very effective manner.
Besides, here, you will find out the best solution for Invalid Value for Registry error.
Features associated with Recoverit Data Recovery Software
- It can recover various types of lost files off your hard drive. Be compatible with images, music, audio, emails, documents, and any other file format.
- It can recover data safely and conveniently without causing any trouble.
- Recoverit Data Recovery software can recover data from hard drive, memory cards, recycle bin, camcorders, digital cameras, etc.
- It can recover data that is lost due to various situations. For instance, it recovers data lost due to sudden deletion, format, virus attack, corrupted hard drive, system crash, etc.
- Highly user-friendly interface that can be used even by novices.
- You don’t need a piece of programming knowledge to use this software.
This special software can recover lost and deleted files off partitions that are formatted. In addition to that, you can use it to recover files that are deleted to corrupted hard drives. Thankfully, it supports all the storage devices ranging from SSD to memory cards. So, if you have lost data while fixing Rundll error, you can easily get the assistance of Recoverit.