The developers of iOS introduce various features with their updates. Those features are introduced to assure the safety of the user and provide a better user experience. One of the most recent features they have introduced is Screen Time, which comes as an app. Regardless of how useful it is, if you forget Screen Time Passcode, you are in big trouble. Well, so let’s explain what Screen Time feature on your iOS device. In addition to that, we explain a solution to use if you have forgotten your Screen Time Passcode.
An introduction to Screen Time Passcode
Pretty much all the iPhones that are sold today have a special feature called Screen Time. In fact, this feature is included in the form of a pre-installed app with iOS. With the assistance of this app, you can put a limit on the usage of the respective device. In other words, Screen Time can control the usage of the apps that are installed on an iOS device. We introduce this feature is to prevent kids from using smartphones without control.
In a nutshell, the Screen Time app works in the form of a parental control app. As a parent, you can use this feature to monitor how much time your kids spend using a smartphone. The best thing about this app is that it can be used to monitor the usage of individuals apps. When you activate the Screen Time feature on a mobile device, you should apply a passcode as well. No one can change the settings of the app unless they know the Screen Time Passcode. That means, even the owner of the respective iPhone cannot make any changes unless they know the passcode.
Why is it better to limit the screen time of your kids?
Limiting the time your kids spend staring on the mobile screen is important due to various reasons. You may already be aware that kids are highly interested in using smartphones. They tend to spend hours on the smartphone because modern-day smartphones offer plenty of things. For instance, they can play games, use social media, chat with friends, and do many other things. As a result, they will hardly have any time to do their studies as expected. Many parents complain that their kids’ grades have dropped significantly after allowing them to use iPhones.
Many kids tend to use their phones at the bed as well. Instead of getting an adequate amount of sleep, they will spend late hours on smartphones, which is not healthy. As a result, they will experience stress, sleep disorder, and feel exhausted when they wake up. Moreover, they can addict to social media usage and games and eventually forget their natural lifestyle. This can badly affect their social interactions as well.
In addition to that, kids can watch inappropriate content over their iPhones if you don’t monitor them constantly. These contents can vary from porn to gambling. By limiting the screen time, you can find solutions to all those issues. With the Screen Time feature, you will learn the apps they have mostly used with the time logs. Also, you can limit their usage of social media, internet, and chat apps and prevent potential unpleasant instances.
Does Screen Time have a default passcode?
Many individuals ask if there is a default Screen Time Passcode. Well, the truth is that there is NO default passcode for the Screen Time feature. But, under certain instances, you can use 0000 or 1234. For instance, you can use those passcodes on some devices if you have never set a password before. However, we cannot guarantee that it will work all the time.
In addition to that, have you turned on the Restrictions before upgrading to iOS 12? If yes, Screen Time on your device is enabled automatically by default. In this case, your Screen Time Passcode is the one you used for Restrictions. In other words, the passcode for restrictions and Screen Time are the same in that case.
Resetting your Screen Time Passcode
Suppose that you have forgotten the Screen Time Passcode, how can you overcome the situation? As we have mentioned before, you must know the passcode of Screen Time to change its settings. The same is required in order to disable it. So, if you don’t know the passcode of Screen Time, you will have to reset it. We have found two solutions that are commonly used to reset the passcode of the Screen Time feature.
Method 1: Reconfigure your device from scratch after erasing all the contents
According to the official method, you should reset the device and erase all the contents. Then, you can reconfigure the device from scratch and set up a new passcode for Screen Time. But, we should remind you that this fix is associated with a major drawback. Although it lets you reset the passcode, it erases all the data saved in your device. As long as you don’t have important files in your device, this method is OK. However, for the majority of users, this is a major concern. You cannot even expect to restore the data from an existing backup because it will put the passcode back. Your backups contain the passcode for Screen Time. If you restore the device from a backup, the passcode will be reset too. That means you are back in the same situation before resetting it. This means that you have to forget all the data if you opt to perform this method.
- Launch Settings and go to Reset. Then, choose to Reset All content and Settings.
- You can switch the device on now and follow the onscreen instructions accordingly. Choose the country of origin when prompted for the preferred language.
- You should then connect the device to a data network (Wi-Fi or cellular data). This will activate the device.
- Then, follow the rest part of the instructions & configure a Face ID or Touch ID. Then create a passcode under the option called ‘Passcode Options.’
- After reaching the window labeled Apps and Data, select the option labeled ‘Set Up as a New Device.’
- You can now sign in to your Apple account using the Apple ID and configure other services. If you are using other devices, you should speak a couple of words as well and enable Siri. Once everything is ready, you can click Continue and proceed to the next step.
- Now, you can set up Screen Time after clicking on the tab labeled ‘Continue.’ After setting the Screen Time, you can switch on Automatic Updates and set up other features as well. Then, you can hit the button labeled ‘Get Started‘ so you can start the device as a new one.
What if you don’t want to lose your important data on your iPhone and still need a solution? In that case, the best option would be Tenorshare 4uKey – iTunes Backup. Basically, this is the most effective tool in the market to get this type of work done. The most significant disadvantage associated with this tool is that it doesn’t erase your data. So, if you have forgotten the Passcode, follow the below-mentioned and reset it without data loss.
01. First, download and install Tenorshare 4uKey – iTunes Backup on your computer. Be sure to do it through their official website. Once the software is installed, launch it and click on the option labeled ‘Remove Screen Time Passcode.’
02. After that, you should connect the faulty device into the same computer using a USB cable. In this case, be sure to use the original USB cable to avoid potential connection interruptions. Tenorshare 4uKey – iTunes Backup will automatically detect the device. Then, hit the option labeled ‘Start.’ You can put the device in ‘Recovery Mode‘ if it is not detected by the software.
03. After that, you can see that Tenorshare 4uKey – iTunes Backup is removing the passcode. In general, this process can take a couple of minutes. All you have to do is to be patient and not interrupt the connection until the password is removed.
So, that’s how to reset Screen Time Passcode on your iPhone if you have forgotten it. The most effective and convenient way is to use professional software like Tenoreshare 4uKey. Otherwise, you will lose your valuable data saved in your iPhone.