Among the biggest problems that you will have to face every time you buy a new phone, whether you switched carriers or upgraded from your old phone, is switching all of your contacts over. This can be very time consuming if not annoying, especially if you want to do it manually. Good thing that with the use of the right tools and right plans, it could be rather easy and convenient to transfer contacts between phones or you can switch all your contacts over then back up all of your contacts.
For sure, no one at this day and age would want to use the conventional, boring, and tiring technique of transferring your contacts one by one from your old phone to your new device. After all, who in this fast-paced and active world would choose to spend most of their extraordinary patience and leisure time on such an activity? So, what can you do instead to lessen the burden on your shoulders? What if there is an easy way to save yourself from such a boring and tedious work? Now, that would be an awesome thing, right? There are actually a lot of choices to help you transfer contacts between phones with no need to go through any hassle or hurdle at all.
In this guide, you will learn how you can transfer your contacts from one to another, which include Android to iPhone, iPhone to Android, as well as transfer your contacts from your Android phone to a new Android phone. Right now, there are a lot of methods to help you transfer contacts between phones. For all of you who would like to know how you can transfer your contacts from Android to another, continue to read on:
- Part 1: How to Transfer Contacts between Phones (Support for All iOS, Android, Symbian phone, WinPhone) by dr.fone – Switch
- Part 2: How to Transfer Contacts Between Phones (Android to iPhone Contacts Transfer)
- Part 3: How to Transfer Contacts Between Phones (Android to Android) by dr.fone – Android Data Backup & Restore
- Part 4: How to Transfer Contacts Between Phones (Other devices to iPhone or Android)
- Part 5: How to Transfer contacts from iPhone to Android
Part 1: How to Transfer Contacts between Phones (Support for All iOS, Android, WinPhone) by dr.fone – Switch
More often than not, you store all of your contacts on your phone. Every time you buy a brand new device, it becomes essential to transfer your contacts from your previous phone to your new device, such as transfer your contacts from Android to a brand new Android, or transfer your contacts from iPhone to another.
Good thing that there is a tool like dr.fone – Phone Switch Data Transfer Between Phones that offers an easier and more convenient way of transferring your contacts from one device to another. Yes, folks, there is such a tool that can provide you with amazing results of instant transfer contacts between phones.
- This is an amazing tool which supports the transferring of unlimited contacts between iPhones or Android phones with a single click once your phones have been plugged into your computer.
- dr.fone – Switch will not just help you with transferring your phone contacts to your computer, but it will also help in restoring your contacts, transferring media files between Android phone and iPhone with ease.
- Support for all data transfer between any two smartphones, including Samsung, HTC, Motorola, Nokia, and the latest iPhone 8 Plus / X running on iOS 12.
- dr.fone – Switch is well compatible with T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint, Verizon and works perfectly on Mac 10.14 Mojave or Windows 10.
These days, one very common dread among many people every time they change their handset is how they can transfer their contacts between their phones. The situation becomes worse when you have to hop from one phone to another. If you are facing this kind of dilemma, you might only end up being frustrated. Save yourself from such predicament by learning the steps on how to transfer contacts between phones with the help of dr.fone – Switch.
1. Install dr.fone on your computer then launch it. Select the option Phone to Phone Transfer that you will find on the dr.fone’s main interface.
2. Connect both of your devices to your computer, whether you have an Android or iOS phone or two Android phones. You can connect both phones to your computer at the same time using USB cables.
3. Transfer your contacts from your old phone to your new one. After that, you can now choose the specific contents that you want to transfer then select Start Transfer to start the process of transferring your contacts. Wait for a while as your contacts are being transferred between your phones successfully.
When you have just bought a brand new iPhone then you want to move all of your contacts from your Android phone to your new iOS device, it may sound a bit complicated. But the truth is it is actually very easy. Below are the steps on how to transfer contacts from your old Android phone to your iPhone:
1. You first have to sync your Android Contacts to your Google contacts. Here, it is a must to have a Gmail account. In case you don’t have one, there’s no need to worry because it will only take a few minutes of your time to create a new account. After you have a Gmail account, you can go to the next step.
2. On your Android device, you should open your contacts then tap on the menu button. Click on the Merge with Google so you can import all of your contacts to Google.
3. You can now see all of your contacts in Google. You have to wait until the contacts have been organized. Delete if there are duplicates. Now, it is the right time to transfer the contacts to your iPhone.
4. Open your Settings and go to “Mail, Contacts, and Calendars.”
5. Now, add your Gmail account to the next screen, and all your contacts in your Google account will be imported in your iPhone.
Part 3: How to Transfer Contacts Between Phones (Android to Android) by Dr.Fone – Android Data Backup & Restore
One of the famous toolkits, when you are going to transfer contacts between phones, is Dr.Fone Toolkit – Android Data Backup & Restore, which is a revolutionary software for your backup and restore needs. This toolkit includes many different tools, Dr.fone – iOS Data Backup Restore is for iOS to iOS Contacts Transfer, and supports thousands of Android & iOS devices around the world, and through its advanced features, the program will let the user take backup and restore through choosing their requirements and needs.
Here’s how you can transfer contacts between phones (Android to Android) through this toolkit:
1. Firstly, you have to download the program and install this on your computer. After that, click the option “Backup & Restore”.
2. Connect your previous Android device through the data cable and enable USB debugging once prompted. When connected, the toolkit will detect itself. Then, you have to click the backup option on your window.
3. You’ll also see the file types on your device. Choose Contacts.
4. Pick the backup option to begin the process.
5. If the backup process is successful, the application will give you a notification with a message that’s read as “Backup Has Been Completed.”
6. Then, connect your latest Android device using the data cable. Enable the USB debugging mode once prompted and then choose the option Restore.
7. During this step, you’ll see the backups you’ve created. By default, the current backup will be shown. Choose the backup and choose the option Restore.
8. Then, you’ll see the preview of every contact in a single place. Choose all and tap on the Restore option to continue.
9. It could take a while when transferring all contacts to your new device and wait until this is completed.
Once the process is being completed, you’ll be notified with a message that the restoring process is already completed and all your contacts from the old Android were already transferred to your current device.
For iOS users, here’s the detailed guide on how you can transfer contacts from iOS to iOS Devices through this Dr.fone Toolkit – iOS Data Backup Restore.
When you purchased a new phone, and you’re frantic to begin with it, there is generally a stumbling block, which stops you from enjoying this to the fullest straight away and it’s moving contacts. Nevertheless, moving the contacts from some devices to an iPhone or Android is easy. The only problems you’ll encounter are at the time if you like to transfer data from some phones to Android or iPhone. The majority of people face problems when transferring the data from the devices including Nokia or Blackberry to an iPhone or an Android phone.
dr.fone – Switch is the finest tool if you’re looking forward to transferring contacts, call logs, music, text messages, videos, apps, and calendar from some devices to iPhone or Android. The most amazing feature of the dr.fone – Switch is that this works easily. With just a single click, you will be able to transfer your data.
You might be facing a problem in transferring contacts from iPhone to Android, yet there is no need to worry about because here are the steps that will give you a free way to resolve the problem:
1. The first step in transferring your contacts from iPhone to Android is taking the backup of the contacts in iCloud. It’s quite simple. You only have to go to iCloud as well as login to your own account.
2. After you have signed in, tap on the Contacts to see all contacts that you included in the iCloud backup.
3. Choose every contact by Select All. After that, click the settings found at the bottom left corner and choose the “Export vCard.”
4. You will have to log in to your account on Gmail. After you’re logged in, tap the option import contacts and choose the exported vCard as well as click on the import all. Every file will be imported to Google Contacts.
5. An important thing to remember is that you have to merge all your contacts that are duplicated before you restore them on your phone. If your contact list was organized and merged properly, it’s time to restore the contacts on your Android device.
6. Go to the Menu and Settings of your Android phone and proceed to “Account and Sync”. Choose the option “Add Account” and pick Google.
7. After you’re signed in, you have to choose the Sync Contact box and click the Finish.
Through dr.fone – Phone Switch & dr.fone – Android Data Backup & Restore, it is easy to move, migrate or transfer contacts between phones as well as address book from your old contacts from your previous Android to another one.