As of today, search engines frequently receive queries like “how to transfer contacts from iPhone to Samsung S10?“. This scenario clearly indicates that many individuals actually believe it to be a complicated process. Well, the process obviously sounds pretty confusing. But, with the correct instructions, you can transfer contacts from iPhone to Samsung S10 without any hassle.
In fact, we intend to emphasize several practical ways to transfer contacts between iPhone and Samsung S10. However, the methods we explain here can be applied to the other Android devices as well.
As you might already know, Wondershare is a vendor that offers plenty of tools for smart generation’s convenience. Their collection of software tools is highly versatile. For instance, they have tools to repair the system, back up data, or even restore the system. Well, the latest addition to this list is Dr.Fone – Switch.
Dr.Fone – Switch, just like the name suggests, is developed for those who want to switch between different devices. More importantly, this software allows users to switch between devices using a single-click operation. You can use this software and transfer contacts from iPhone to Samsung S10 or any other Android smartphone.
Features of Dr.Fone – Switch
Now, let’s take a quick look at the key features associated with Dr.Fone – Switch.
- One-click operation to transfer iPhone contacts to Samsung S10.
- Apart from Samsung S10, this software is compatible with various other Android devices. For instance, it is compatible with Google, Sony, LG, Motorola, Apple, Huawei, Apple, Xiaomi, etc.
- This is a safe and highly reliable tool that comes with handy features to transfer data between devices.
- It doesn’t overwrite existing data in the devices.
- dr.fone – Switch supports all the data types such as videos, contacts, music, photos, apps, messages, call logs, etc.
- This is a very fast, secure, and reliable way to transfer data without using a computer.
- Works perfectly on Windows and Mac platforms.
How to transfer contacts from iPhone to Samsung S10?
Mentioned below is a step-by-step guide for those who intend to transfer contacts from iPhone to Samsung S10.
1) First of all, you should download and install Dr.Fone – Switch on your computer. Then, you should connect your Samsung S10 or any other Android smartphone to the same computer. Also, don’t forget to connect the iPhone to the same computer. Now, launch the software, and you will see the main interface of the application. You should select the option called switch so you will be able to proceed to the next level.
2) Now that both of the devices are connected to the computer choose the files you intend to transfer. To do that, you should simply tick the box adjoining to the type of data to be copied. In this case, you should simply click on the contacts since you intend to copy them.
3) As the last step, you should tap on the button labeled “Start Transfer.” Then, wait for some time so the contacts will be copied to the new Android device.
Please note that the time it takes might differ depending on the amount of data transferred. Don’t rush the process; just leave the process to be completed and check it later on.
If you can access the iTunes account, the contacts stored there can be transferred to an Android device. In fact, iTunes is considered to be a backup and data restoration tool that supports all the data types. So, we can use it to transfer contacts to an Android device. Actually, this is a method of restoring data to your Android device.
1) First, download and install dr.fone – Backup&Restore on your computer. Now, you will see the main interface. Just tap on the option “Backup and Restore.” Then, connect your Samsung device to the same computer.
2) Now that the connection is established, just tap on the option called “Restore.”
3) When you are on the next screen, you should see several options to restore the respective backup. Now, select the iTunes option, and the software itself will locate the iTunes backup stored in the computer.
4) You will now be able to see the files listed on the screen. Just select the contacts and choose the “View” option so you can preview the data. This step will make sure that you restore the exact files you need. If you intend to export all the contact files, click on “Restore to Device.”
5) Make sure that you confirm the action in the next window as well. The connections will now be restored on the Samsung device shortly.
iCloud is an online storage facility provided by Apple itself as an official tool. Under usual circumstances, iCloud is incompatible with Android devices. However, you can use dr.fone – Backup&Restore and acquire data from iCloud backups as well. In fact, that is the main advantage associated with this tool. With that said, let’s see how to transfer contacts from iPhone to Samsung S10 using iCloud.
1) As the first step, you should launch the dr.fone application on your computer. Then, get your Samsung phone connected to the same computer using the provided USB cable. In the main interface itself, you can tap the button labeled “Backup and Restore.”
2) Once the device is connected, you can choose whether to backup or restore the device. In this case, you should only restore the data and therefore, tap “Restore” to proceed.
3) On the new screen, you will be able to see an option called “Restore from iCloud backup” option. To proceed, you should sign into iCloud. Provide the iCloud credentials and log in.
4) Now that the backup files are listed on the screen choose what you need to restore. In this case, you should select the backup file that comprises of the latest contact details. Then, tap on the download button as well so the file will be saved to a local folder.
5) Once the data is displayed on the screen, you should choose the contacts that are required to be restored. Then, click on the option labeled Restore to Device. You can also customize the location on which the file should be restored. Then, confirm the action you take.
Obviously, Bluetooth can be used to transfer any type of data from one device to another. However, you should know that the transferring speed is pretty slow than you expect. So, we highly recommend this method when you have a smaller number of contacts to be shared. Other than that, sharing contacts through Bluetooth is a very simple process. Mentioned below are the steps you should take in order to transfer contacts using Bluetooth.
1) First of all, you should switch the Bluetooth functionality on the iPhone as well as on the Android. In the iPhone, you can switch on Bluetooth through the control center. If not, you can do it through the settings app as well. On your Samsung device, turn on the Bluetooth using the notification panel.
2) Now, bring both the devices as close as possible. On the iPhone, just tap on the Bluetooth name of the Android to get the one-time code. Entering this code will pair the devices.
3) When the devices are paired, open the Contact app on your iOS device. Then, select the contacts that need to be shared with the paired Android device. Once all the contacts are selected, tap on the Share button. Select the target device.
4) When your Android device received the files, you can see that it appears as a VCard file. This file comprises of the contacts you have shared.
Well, you can transfer contacts between phones simply using the SIM card as well. You should know that there is no direct method to transfer iPhone contacts to your SIM. To overcome this issue, you can simply follow the steps mentioned below.
1) Go to the Settings app on the iPhone and go to the option labeled iCloud. Now, turn on the toggle switch located next to Contacts option.
2) Go to the computer and visit iCloud.com. Then, provide the credentials of the iCloud account. On the interface, you should open the contacts. Select the contacts you need to copy. Make sure that you press and hold the Command/Control key when selecting the contacts.
3) Click on the Settings icon and then choose the option labeled Export VCard. This method will send all the contacts that were selected to the computer.
4) Now, you should plug in the Android device to the computer. Then, the contacts should be transferred to the storage. Open the Contacts on the Samsung S10 (or any other Android). Then, import the contacts using USB storage.
5) As the final step, you should select the Import/Export option and then export the contacts to the SIM card.
Samsung has a feature called Smart Switch, which you can use to transfer contacts between devices. Here are the steps to do it.
1) First, install Smart Switch on your device.
2) Select the option “Wireless.” Choose the option “Receive” as well and then select the iOS device. As you select the iOS option, you will have to provide the iCloud credentials.
3) After selecting the data, click on the button labeled “Import.” You will see that the data is transferred to the Samsung phone.
Well, those are the practical methods you can use to transfer contacts from iPhone to Samsung S10. You can go through the list again and pick the best option that matches your situation.