The requirement of URL to MP3 arises when you need to download the audio content of an online video. After downloading a file in MP3 format, you can simply use it on versatile projects. For instance, you can use it as your ring tone or just add to your library of music.
There is no shortage of options to consider when you are looking for a good URL to MP3 converter. If you perform a Google search on this topic, you will end up with hundreds of URL to MP3 converters. However, not all those converters are the same. They vastly differ from each other when it comes to their performance, ease of use, speed, stability, price, etc. Some of these converters fail to maintain better speed while there are others that may crash frequently. If not, there can be other converters that come with loads of annoying ads. However, the good news is that we have done all the hard work for you. We have done the research work for you and created a list of URL to MP3 converters for you.
The list we have prepares comprises of tools that perform well and give you considerably less trouble. By using any of these tools, you can download favorite music in MP3 format and use as you wish.
Are URL to MP3 Converters Legal?
Well, you can download YouTube or other video content and convert them into MP3 if you hold the copyright. There is no burden for you to redownload a video and use it as you wish under one condition. The condition is that you must be the original creator and the uploader of the respective video. If not, you must have permission in writing from the original owner of the content.
Also, there are video contents for which the uploader himself provides a download link. As long as you agree to the conditions mentioned by the uploader, you can download such content as well. In addition to that, if the uploader has specifically allowed you to download the video, you can do so.
The meaning of this is that you cannot download and use others’ videos through YouTube. You cannot consider those video sharing platforms to be your personal music library. Those who create videos have put a considerable amount of time and money on that. So, downloading and using their content without paying them is not ethical as well. You should be well aware of this scenario before proceeding to a URL to MP converter. Well, with that said, let’s get into the list of tools to convert URL to MP3.
GenYouTube is considered to be one of the better ways to convert YouTube URL to MP3 effortlessly. This simple but effective tool doesn’t bring up any unnecessary questions. Moreover, the best thing is that this tool lets you download videos faster. In fact, this website offers three options for users.
- Visit GenYouTube website and get the URL pasted there itself.
- Go to GenYouTube website and search for the video you intend to download.
- Go to the video directly on YouTube and modify the URL by adding ‘gen’ before ‘YouTube.’ For instance, the URL should appear as “https://www.genyoutube.com/watch?v…….”
- After locating the download page, you should select MP3 from the list of options. This will start the downloading immediately. However, there will be different types of formats, depending on the type of video you download. M4A, WEBM, 3GP, MP4, etc. are some of those videos.
As a matter of fact, this is the most convenient method to extract audio from a YouTube channel.
This is another excellent music downloader that perfectly works on both Windows and Mac computers. This handy tool is compatible with more than 300 music sharing websites. To get a music file downloaded, all you have to do is to copy and paste the URL. One of the most attractive features associated with this tool is that it can music played on radio stations. It also helps you get the covers and tags automatically. If you are a fan of online music and want to download them into your device, try this tool. Namely, this website supports music sharing websites such as Vimeo, YouTube, Dailymotion, VEVO, etc. That means it covers pretty much everything when it comes to online music. In addition to that, this handy tool lets you transfer music between devices and storage options like iTunes Library. In a nutshell, iMusic is a highly versatile and powerful tool that serves your music download requirements.
If you intend to download music or other audio content on an iOS device, it will be pretty difficult. Compared to an Android device, there are some burdens with devices that run on the iOS platform. That is because the iOS devices aren’t manufactured to support such a task. So, there are a couple of things you should do beforehand when you download an audio file. First of all, you should use a specific app to download the video files. Then, you should download the MP3 version of the same to the iOS device using an online tool.
- As the first phase, install Documents app (developed by Readdle) on your iOS device. Although Document is not the only option, we are impressed with the functionality of this app. So, let’s stick to this option for now.
- Then, go to the Documents and tap on the tiny browser window (which is built-in). This is located at the bottom of the window towards the right-hand side.
- Now, go to GenYouTube and go to the video you intend to download in the form of MP3. If necessary, you can even directly paste video URL if you have already copied it.
- In the download page, you should scroll down and go to the option’ MP3′.
- Now, when prompted, provide a name for the MP3 file and define a location to save it. If you wish, you can keep the original file name and the location as well.
- If such an option is not prompted to download the MP3 file, just hold the button. You will then be able to select a Download link.
- Now, just tap on the ‘Save’ button so you can download the file into your iOS device.
- The downloaded MP3 file is saved in your phone, so you can play it whenever it is required. To go back to the main app window and choose the other MP3 files, tap the back button. It is located at the bottom of the app screen.
- However, if you don’t want to use the Documents app we have just mentioned, there are various options. But we should say that Documents is a superb option we have tried and succeeded.
04. VLC Media Player
As you might already know, VLC Media Player is a totally free app that comes with highly versatile features. Apart from playing videos, this tool can be used to perform a variety of other tasks. In our case, we can use it to download YouTube videos as well and convert them. This option works well on all the platforms like Windows, Linux, and macOS.
You can download a video into MP4 format using VLC Media Player. Then, you can convert it back to MP3 file using the method we have already mentioned.
So, we will just mention how to download an MP4 file using VLC Media Player. The rest (converting it back to MP3) is up to you (use the method in the previous method).
- As the first step, you should download VLC Media Player software.
- Then, you should go to VLC’s network options.
- In Windows, go to ‘Media’ and select ‘Open Network Stream.’
- In MacOS, go to ‘File’ and select ‘Open Network.’
- Now, you should paste the URL of the video you intend to download in the Network tab.
- In Windows, select ‘Play’ and in MacOS, it should be ‘Open.’
- When the video starts to play, get the URL copied (which is streaming through VLC).
- In Windows, go to ‘Tools’ and select ‘Codec Information.’ Under the tab labeled ‘Codec,’ you should copy the URL (found at the bottom).
- In MacOS, go to ‘Window’ and select ‘Media Information.’ Go to the ‘General’ tab and copy URL. It is located in the ‘Location’ text box.
- Since the URL will be very long, we suggest you select it using keyboard shortcuts. For instance, you can use “CTRL + A” or “Command + A” on Windows and MacOS, respectively.
- Now, paste the copied URL on a browser no matter what it is.
- Once the URL is loaded, you should right click on the video (or tap and hold on it). This will bring up the ‘Save’ option.
- Once the file is saved, you can convert it into MP3 format.
This is another excellent software that can convert URL to MP3. In fact, iTube HD Video Downloader has become very popular among users these days. In order to download a video, you should enter the desired URL and choose MP3 to be download format. Moreover, this handy software supports batch downloading as well. That means this software allows you to download multiple videos at once. They say that they offer 3X speed than the other downloaders in the market. Thankfully, this software is developed to support over 10,000 video sharing sites, including YouTube, Dailymotion, Vevo, Vimeo, etc. You can use the same tool to convert the downloaded videos into MP3 and hundreds of other formats. For instance, you can convert those files into WMA, WAV, M4A, etc. iTube HD Video Downloader has a Windows and Mac version. Also, they offer a free and paid version as well.
How to download URL to MP3 using iTube HD Video Downloader
1) First, you should download and install iTube HD Video Download on your computer. Has the software launched?
2) As the next step, open the respective URL within the browser of your preference. Then, get the link copied. When you go to the software once again, you will see the inverted triangle icon. Just click on this icon to paste the URL. Then, choose the option called ‘Download MP3’ in your drop-down. The download will start now.
3) The downloading will be completed, and the time it takes might differ depending on the size. Once the download is completed, you should go to the ‘Downloaded’ library to see the video.
This is a pretty good app that is developed by Springwalk Works for devices that run on Android. This tool is powerful enough to convert audio files faster than most of the other apps in the market. It is compatible with MP3 and AAC formats when it comes to audio files. It supports video files like MP4, FLV, 3GP, etc. so you can download files from various video sharing platforms. This app also features various bitrates and metadata so you can expect better video quality as well. Thanks to that feature, you can edit information like title, artist, album, etc. using this tool. This simple but powerful app is compatible with ARMv7 and newer versions, though.
07. Free MP3 Finder
This is a very popular app which is widely used by many users across the globe. The best thing about this tool is that it is a free tool. Free MP3 Finder allows very fast URL to MP3 conversion. With the help of this online tool, you can simply paste the URL and get it converted into MP3. Also, the free MP3 Finder is capable of converting different video file formats into MP3 while maintaining the original quality.
This is another online tool that lets you convert YouTube URLs into MP3 files effortlessly. Since it is a web-based tool, it doesn’t depend on the platform. That means you can use it on any OS, be it a computer or a mobile device. All you need is to copy and paste the respective URL on the box and hit the ‘Convert Video’ button. You will see that the URL is converted successfully into an MP3 audio file effortlessly. Also, it offers better quality.
Convert2mp3.net is another free online tool that allows you to convert URL to MP3 with ease. With this tool, you will be able to extract videos from a large array of video sharing platforms. For instance, you can use it to download videos from YouTube, Vevo, Dailymotion, etc. As mentioned before, this tool is completely free to use. Also, it doesn’t require any registration process; it is a matter of a couple of clicks, therefore. Besides, this handy tool supports other file formats such as M4A, WMA, FLAC, AAC, etc. Moreover, this website offers you the option of searching for the desired YouTube video within the website. So, if you are looking for a useful, convenient online tool to convert URL to MP3, Convert2mp3.net is ideal.
Well, that’s our list of URL to MP3 converters. You can go through the list once again and pick the best option that serves your requirement.